“BBQ - Fun for kids” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Orient, NY
“BBQ - Fun for kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

OK - So this is not high cuisine. But my 8/9 year olds absolutely love it. I like dry BBQ, not wet saucy BBQ, and it seems that most offerings here are the latter. That said, we always leave with a smile. That is, except for my wife who's a vegetarian...go figure. Sit upstairs if its open...

• Visited June 2013

Naples, Florida
“Some truth in a lot of these reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Billy's final product (with the exception of the flavorless cole slaw) was good and reasonably priced for a resort town in summer but there was almost no one there and the service was dreadful -- very slow, at least one mixed up order out of 6, and when I asked for a spicy sauce for the chips (that is served with many of their dishes) it arrived after we had eaten. Also, it's a big place and even when it's empty, there was a line at the restrooms.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Stay far away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went to try this on a Monday night. We were the only two people there. Was able to see the cooks preparing the meal and they kept eating things that fell to the counter and did not change gloves since the time we sat down. I wanted to leave and complain but my wife asked me to calm down. Disgusting and gross. Won't ever return here. Stay far away and avoid mono hep-c and other food borne illness as well. Avoid! !!!

• Visited July 2013
Manhattan Beach, California
“Breakfast at a BBQ Restaurant - A Big Mistake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in Greenport at 11am. Saw a sign at Bill's BBQ advertising breakfast with a view of the harbor. My wife and I decided to try it out. It was a big mistake. I ordered scrambled egg whites, grits and crispy toast. The restaurant was not crowded but it still took over 30 minutes to get runny egg whites, partially toasted rye bread and over cooked and cold potatoes. I did not eat the breakfast. They were out of grits but did not feel it was necessary to tell me. My wife ordered fried eggs, sausage, rye toast and grits. Her eggs were fine, the toast was undercooked, the sausage were fine and once again no grits, just cold over cooked potatoes. The one positive is that the waitress apologized for the kitchen's inability to deliver a timely and quality meal and she did not charge me for my breakfast.

While I cannot comment on the BBQ at Bill's, if breakfast is any indication, stay away.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Ok BBQ, nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We waited about 15 minutes for a table on a Sunday early afternoon since everything was taken. Its not that the restaurant was sooo busy, but that its sooo small. The service was good, the food was mediocre. I've had BBQ all over and this one has potential but its not there yet. For the quality the pricing was high compared to other BBQ restaurants.

• Visited April 2013