“A taste that makes your day”
Review of Kontokosta Winery

Kontokosta Winery
Ranked #2 of 24 things to do in Greenport
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

A friend introduced me to Kontokosta Winery today. The tasting and warm welcome from the team there made the visit a highlight of my time in Greenport.

Particularly pleasing to the palate were the Orient Chardonnay, Merlot and Rosé.

In addition to the top quality wines available for tasting and purchase, the surrounds were magnificent. A stroll around the vineyard and the coastal views makes this a very special place to escape to and spend time enjoying an experience that delights all the senses.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

They claim to have a "loire" inspired winery, and they have that right. 2012 Sauvignon Blanc is impressive with a hefty mineral base. The Cabernet Franc is also quite good, different from the other wineries further south and west. The Winery itself was obviously the dream of its founder. Vines rise in rows to the peak where the tasting room is located. Someone envisioned this place and made their dreams come true. Behind the lovely tasting room are the bluffs and ocean. They have placed chairs so one may sip their wine and watch the tide come in... Sounds very Greek to me. Just lovely and a a solid good product.

1  Thank Rita A
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This beautiful vineyard is the perfect stop either to or from the ferry! Or even with friends and family! I went with some friends who are members so we automatically received special treatment which was a fabulous start! We tasted several of the wines, the reds were definitely more my favorite. The old barn tasting room is very trendy, modern and clean. There is a lovely outdoor terrace and cut grass pathway that leads to a spectacular view over the ocean. There are a few swimming holes that look like the perfect place to take a dip on a warm summer day. If I lived in the area, I’m sure I would be a member in no time! A must stop even if just for the view!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The place is simply gorgeous. Grab a glass of your favorite wine and walk to the bluffs ti drink in the vista. Regarding service: I was there with my wife and another couple, we are in our forties and were quite serious when we approached the bar (ie;NOT A BACHELOR PARTY) we were made to feel as if we were interrupting the servers. Sorry guys!!! Maybe you should get a different job if you hate serving wine and educating potential clients. Anyways.....the anemometer white is undrinkable while the anemometer red is rich and fruity with a genuine oak nose and pairs VERY WELL with cahrred beef or grilled fish. Despite the horrendous service is definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Gorgeous setting. Walk to LI Sound and outdoor seating area.
Wine was excellent-staff also. Unpaved driveway