“The Soundview Resturant”
Review of The Halyard

The Halyard
Reserve with OpenTable
The Halyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 69 Restaurants in Greenport
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've been here many times and the food is consistently good. The waiting staff is also very much to be expected.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had this sandwich 3 times its great. Great food, great view of LI sound. Friday, Burger & Beer for $12

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had a light dinner there the first night. I have read many mixed reviews on the restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised with the food. Every thing we ate was delicious. We arrived about 45 minutes before closing and never felt rushed to get out. They also had a decent sized bar area with a piano player. I guess since it was so late and off season, there weren't many people there - but we found it enjoyable.
They say the sunsets on the sound are not to be missed (I agree) and if you log on to the restaurant website, they give you the sunset times so you can plan your dinner and have a great view.

1  Thank suz3032
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have mixed feelings on the Soundview restaurant. On the one hand, I really like getting a table by the window and looking out at the water. I've been going there for about 5 years and have a nostalgic affection for the place. However, the restaurant itself could use some improvements. The ambience feels a bit dated, despite a light "face lift" recently. This is not necessarily a bad thing, just be aware that you're going to more of an old-fashioned seafood place.

Service is consistently good, they have nice servers and the food always comes out fairly quickly. Drinks are good, and they make a mean martini. The food, however, is really just okay. I usually order fish when I am there (something about being on the water), and I suspect that they are using frozen fish most of the time.

The confusing part is that I would still return to this restaurant, despite the "just okay" food. I'm a sucker for a pretty view, and they do have a gorgeous view of the water.

1  Thank beachycali
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went here for my birthday dinner. The views are really nice and we sat outside. The restaurant was clean and the space had nice decor. The food was really expensive and honestly, I could not justify the price of the food for what we got, in terms of quality or portion size. In fact, after we left the restaurant, we went someplace else for coffee and dessert.