“Soudview Restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Belford NJ
“Soudview Restaurant”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The view from the restaurant was spectacular. We had a bottle of white wine (local) that was very enjoyable. The shrimp cocktail appetizer used fairly large shrimp that were firm and chewy (done right). The salads were delicious and used local produce when available. I was in the mood for scallops but they were not on the menu. I had a pasta dish with shrimp that was delicious. My wife had the salmon and that was also delicious. We ended the meals with Key Lime pie (my favorite after seafood) and it was very good. We would eat here again for the spectacular view but also for the quality of the food.

Visited September 2013

Mattituck
“Friends getting together”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant for getting large or small groups of people together. The staff are always helpful & friendly. We get together here at least once a year. We have never been disappointed. The views are fantastic, mother nature at her best. The prices are reasonable, with plenty to cho0se from & the food arrives hot & always well prepared. Will not get chance to visit again this season. Looking forward to 2014 & hopefully more opportunities to dine here.

Ridge, New York
“Better than expected.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It has been many years since last visit. The food was really good. Served hot ,timely, and well prepared. Goat cheese salad fresh and tasty (good portion). The fresh half she'll clams were small and tasty. The Manhattan clam chowder good. We both had the Original fish platter. Flounder shrimp scallops and one oyster. Not. Over cooked,Could have had more oysters and scallops. I am a pig sometimes, Oh yes the view is the best. I'll go back soon. A really great experience.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Perfect end to the day”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for dinner and had a seat on the outside deck. We've been here before and promised we'd be back, well all I have to say is that we were again not disappointed. Extremely friendly service, the food was delicious. I don't know how other customers get away with their negative reviews, there is nothing negative about this place. Must be the reviewers who don't appreciate what they are getting. All in all I love this place, everything was wonderful, and we were even

London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful food and overpriced”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My 14 year old son and I arrived at the restaurant where we were promptly ignored. Eventually we were seated outside on a wonderful deck overlooking the ocean. Bread and butter arrived (rye bread was stale) and with a glass of delicious local organic white things were looking promising. Our order was taken and we waited and we waited. After 45 minutes and no sign of our appetisers and faint from hunger we enquired as to the whereabouts of our food. The hostess came over and apologised - apparently there was a large party and they had all ordered lobster in case I was interested. 5 mins later our food arrived. My crab cakes looked truly horrible - flat and flabby with a garnish of wilting lettuce. I was shocked that a professional kitchen could send food out in such a shameful state. My son's quesadilla was burnt on one side but we were both so hungry we ate both revolting platefuls. The entrees were no better. Pasta with chicken and pesto was an overcooked dish swimming in cream. My son said the chicken tasted cheap and he couldn't eat it. My shrimp salad that will be $16 and there were 3 small shrimp was dismal. Despite asking for the citrus dressing on the side the leaves were drenched in a horrible syrupy dressing so sweet as to be inedible. Desperate to escape we asked for the bill. We'd been overcharged and whilst it was corrected there was no offer to compensate us what had been a horrible experience. As to the bill that will still be $100 please. Unbelievable. We know seasonal restaurants have to make money in the high season but they have to serve quality food. Such a shame as the setting is stunning. Avoid unless you are just going to have a drink on the deck.