“Need to work on service and consistency”
Review of The Square - CLOSED

The Square
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: THE SQUARE IS A UNIQUE CULINARY EXPERIENCE BROUGHT TO YOU BY AWARD-WINNING CHEF KEITH LUCE. WHETHER YOU'RE STOPPING IN FOR A CAFFEINATED PICK-ME-UP, A QUICK BITE, A SWEET TREAT, A DRINK WITH FRIENDS, LOOKING FOR A TRADITIONAL DINING EXPERIENCE, OR EVEN SHOPPING FOR KITCHEN AND HOME GOODS, YOU WILL FIND IT IN THE SQUARE.
Queens, NY
“Need to work on service and consistency”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First let me say that I reviewed this place a month ago for visits I made during the first two weeks they were open. I thought it was great but noted that the service had some kinks. Went back with another couple on July 3rd in the evening. REALLY REALLY poor service. Just plain unprofessional. I get it that it is cheap to hire college kids as wait staff during the summer, but they absolutely have to be trained. They need to be attentive and professional.

Also, the food was somewhat inconsistent. The fritto misto wasn't nearly as good as the first time - sort of greasy. The lobster roll was a bit of a disappointment - over mayo'ed and too cold. The pork wraps just weren't that interesting (aside from the fact that the condiments were just dropped on the table without an explanation as to what they were other than "this goes with the wraps" (back to service again)).

Management (who has been engaging with customers on the board) really needs to focus on quality control -- front of the house and kitchen. Maybe there has been too much of a focus on building the "brand" -- music (chef playing in the band), outside drinks, etc. At the end of the day, Greenport already has Claudio's -- a "venue" for hanging out that serves mediocre (at best) food. I would hate for the Square and Main to just be another mediocre Greenport spot.

New York City, New York
“Amazing Pizza!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

All the food at the Square is amazing - there are four different areas where you can eat and enjoy different types of meals (from sandwiches to pasta to gelatos!). But I have to admit, the pizza is by far the most delicious. Chef Kieth Luce is a master. The area is beautiful and I definitely recommend doing an early lunch on a weekend with friends.

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Best new addition to Greenport!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Love the extensive oyster menu at MAIN and not to forget the fresh homemade pasta and Chicken which I typically would not rave about but it is so delicious and tasty. Make sure you try lunch at NOSH sandwiches are amazing and the 21 and older spiked Gelato tastes incredible and they have so many creative flavors. My personal favorite is PREP this is where Chef Luce makes his magic with dough. Flatbread Pizza is the best I have ever had!

New York
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife had the seafood stew and I had the seared tuna. That was the best tuna I ever ate and my wife's meal was just as good. My server Tiffany was outstanding. Attentive, polite and such a professional. Recommend! Only one thing, please fix the A/C. Chows on! Mike

Raelinn, Manager at The Square, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mike,

We are thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your visit to the restaurant! And thank you so much for your kind words. Tiffany will be so excited that you pointed her out! We hope to see you both again very soon.

Best regards,

Raelinn Doty
Manager
wi
“Great tastes”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were here on July 4 2013- our food was great. I had the tuna over spinach, it was a large portion done medium rare and i ate every bite. My husband had the shell fish stew. His was wonderful! We both ate from his. There was an amazing amount of fish in the stew and every bite was perfectly done. The mojitos were fabulous. As others said, the service wasn't polished as at some places but made up,for it in friendliness. We would recommend this to anyone. We just came from NYC dining and found this refreshing in pricing.

1 Thank lilies
Raelinn, Manager at The Square, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hi "Lillies",

Thanks very much for joining us at MAIN recently and for your kind words. We appreciate it and hope to see you again very soon!

Best regards,