“Better than it looks” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lucharito's
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Greenport
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Bar, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manorville, New York
“Better than it looks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I only went in here because I was hungry and the wait for Claudio's next door was too long. From the outside I thought it was a cross between a greasy spoon diner and a Taco Bell. So I was very pleasantly surprised that the food was fresh and excellent and there was a full service bar. And of the day we went, the barman was very knowledgeable. It wouldn't be a reason to travel to the end of Long Island, but if you are there and had your fill of baked clams and lobster rolls it is a good alternative.

Florida
“Lucharitos is A WEENER!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My sister and I decided to try Lucharitos 2 weeks ago, based on recent positive Tripadvisors reviews. Having gone to various Mexican restaurants over the years we weren’t prepared for how small the establishment was.
The tables were small and since we were a party of 5, we thought we’d be in for a lengthy wait because it was fairly busy and we needed one of the “larger booths” to accommodate us. To our surprise, we were seated within 5 minutes and our server Leonora couldn’t have been more pleasant and attentive. We arrived too late for the Taco Tuesday specials, (ends at 6pm I think) but we ordered fish tacos and chicken tacos and they were very good. The pork dinner which included rice and beans was ample and tasty. Overall, the food prices are reasonable, but the alcoholic specialty drinks are overpriced and more ice than anything else. If you like dauchunds, like I do, check out the doxie poster displayed on one of the walls for a good chuckle. Based on this experience, everyone in our party agrees we would go back to Lucharitos.

East Northport, New York
“Autherntic and Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

You can taste the freshness. Yes the place is small so take out if you are nearby may be a better option and yes it does get crowded but the food to me is what counts and this place is the real deal. The waitress was a nice kid, overwhelmed but hung tough. Not easy to do when you are waiting for the kitchen orders to come out. Looking forward to heading back.

Islip, New York
“Meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

After reading some great reviews of Lucharito's, I was pretty disappointed with my experience here. The restaurant itself is quite small and my husband and I arrived at a somewhat busy time. I was able to grab a bar stool, but my husband was left to stand at the end of the bar. When I asked if we could put a chair there for him, I was told that we would be in the way of the wait staff, which was understandable, but nobody made a real effort to make room for us elsewhere and they were not in any hurry to try and turn over tables with lingering customers (I understand it would be wrong to rush people out the door, but when a restaurant becomes this crowded I would think more of an effort would be made to cater to those waiting to eat). Eventually, we were able to get two seats together at the bar and order some food. I will say that the margaritas were delicious as were the tacos--it was taco Tuesday with tacos on special! Our critique of the food was on the pulled pork nachos. Something just didn't sit right in my stomach with the pork and some of the toppings that were on there. Overall, there were some hits and some misses here...perhaps we just had bad timing.

Shelter Island, New York
“Great tacos and cool employees/owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Just there last week with my brother and friends. Great place for tacos. Good selection and quality of food. The "happy hour" is unusual and kept us there for longer than intended. We will definitely be back. A great find in Greenport...

• Visited June 2014