“Surprisingly Exceeded Expectations!”

Dining options: Late Night
Greenport, New York
“Surprisingly Exceeded Expectations!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The atmosphere is a little cheesy, makes for a good laugh though; and the chicken burrito was great! Fresh tasting, and just the right size. The sangria is pretty good, but I don't recommend the mojitos. The staff was friendly, but it was rather uncomfortable to sit on the bench - the seating and the tables are quite cheesy as well. I gave it a good rating based on the food! I would go back.

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Real margarita, Fresh fish tacos.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

If you are accustomed to frozen margarita from el señor frogs you won't like these margaritas. The classic margarita was made with Freshly squeezed lime juice. I asked to substitute cointro, and there was no up charge. Currently priced at $8. Delicious! A real margarita made with Sauza as the well tequila. I only ate the fish taco, as you don't often find them on the east coast. Lettuce, not shredded cabbage, which I prefer. Definitely made for the American palette, but fresh is the key. I prefer corn tortilla, and once they made a mistake and brought flour, but instantly offered to replace them. The beans were fresh. I like spicy, so a little disappointing on that score, but most Americans will probably prefer to add their own hot sauce. The a/c is accurately described as problematic. The only possible criticism I could find. The guy who owns the joint, Mark, is personable and he has a fine staff. Reasonably priced food, inexpensive delicious cocktails. Who could ask for more. For example, my three fish tacos had the same amount of fish I ate in another local restaurant where it cost 34.00$. Fish taco $5.00. Side of beans 2.00. Margarita $8.00. $14.00 down the street and not as good. I heartily recommend this joint. I ate there three times in four days. Left the car at home for my second and third visit. Enjoy!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mofongoloco
New Jersey
“Expected So Much More. Horribly Disappointed.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I should have known things would be bad when I called to see what time they were open till. The guy on the phone who would later be my waiter, said that normally they serve food till 10 but they might close early if it's not busy. HUH??? Are you kidding me? It's summer! The sun sets at 8:30. People don't get ready till after 9pm and you're closing? UGH! Screw up # 1.
We went and it just got much, much worse. No A/C. Our waiter was sweating profusely. This is a small place with 8 deuces and a bar with 10 stools. What's the problem? Screw up # 2.
I ordered a margarita, (9 bucks overpriced,) with salt. He brings it to me with no salt, tells me he forgot to tell the bartender salt, and would it be ok? I said yes. Screw up # 3..
We finally get around to ordering. There are less than 6 apps and we picked the 10 spice turkey chili with chips. He tells us that because it's summer, they're not doing soups or anything hot apps. HUH??? Screw up # 4. What the hell are all the entrees then? UGH!!! We opted for the three sauce and chips which was salsa, queso and guacamole.
What really made me mad was the fact that we waited so long to order and in the meantime a table of 6 comes in, sits near us, orders and the waiter serves them our app while we were sitting there for 20 minutes already. When he finally brought us ours, I let him know that he had to be kidding me with what he did. He said, "Sorry, my error." Screw up # 5. Oh and one more thing. When I order a frozen Margarita, I'd like to make sure my food arrives as it is supposed to within a reasonable amount of time so my margarita is still frozen. Screw up # 6.
Ok, as Chef, I can tell you that the simplest thing to make are fresh chips. Cut a tortilla, deep fry it for a few seconds, and salt. This place has the audacity to serve bagged chips, and I end up with all the broken pieces from the bottom of the bag? You've got to be kidding me? The salsa was diced tomato and corn. No seasoning, no taste. The queso came out of a can. The guacamole was nothing great. Screw up # 7.
After sitting there for more than 20 minutes, why do I have to ask for napkins and eating utensils? Screw up # 8.
The entrees finally came. I ordered the steak burrito which hardly had any meat and was mostly rice and beans. My son had the pulled pork burrito and had the same problem. Try and get a little inventive people and don't serve me my entrée with more of those crumbs that you think are tortilla chips. Screw up # 9.
My son overheard the waiter tell another table that the had no more tortillas and had to substitute corn tortillas. Unacceptable on a Monday. Screw up # 10.
There was a couple sitting at the bar and when they were served their meal, I saw the gentleman flick out a few things from his rice bowl and showed it to his partner. Ewww! Screw up # 11.
When I asked for the check, it came fast, as well as the waiter trying to get my money before I was done calculating a check that had no descriptions of what I ordered, only code numbers. Screw up #12. He said that he took a couple of bucks off because of the app screw up. Don't do me any favors. He took 2-3 dollars off.
What really set me off was the fact that this place could be a gold mine. The town is overrun with high priced restaurants. Prices here are reasonable and one could easily dine here a few times a week to save some money. NOW? After what we went through, I'll never set foot in there again. Thanks for letting us down. Keep it up and you'll be out of business before you know it. As far as out waiter goes, maybe now you realize why I only left you a 3 dollar tip on a 40 dollar bill. Even that was too much.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Mitso58
New York City, New York
“Greatness in downtown Greenport”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The newest offering from the former proprietor of cupcake factory Butta Cakes. The space has been completely redone with the former cake case being replaced by a well decorated bar. The food speaks for itself. Inventive and straightforward take on simple Mexican food. Tacos, burritos and nachos can all be found on the menu along with fresh guacamole and salsas. They currently only offer beer (draft and bottle) but plan to serve margaritas and maintain a selection of tequilas. All season food destination. For a quick and enjoyable meal, I highly recommend Lucaharitos.

• Visited February 2013