“My favorite in Greenport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Canoe Oyster Bar - CLOSED

Blue Canoe Oyster Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brooklyn, New York
“My favorite in Greenport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I just got home from a long weekend in Greenport. Out of the 3 nights we were there, we ate at Blue Canoe twice. We just couldn't go to another restaurant and chance that it wouldn't be as good. The Lobster roll wasn't the best I've ever had, but was very good. My husband loves the pulled pork sandwich and their burgers. Last night I had the Mussels which were spicy and cooked in a coconut broth. Delicious. The wait staff is very helpful and knows their menu. Our waitress last night gave such an outstanding description of the oyster selection that I can't wait to go back and try them. Quite frankly, I'm surprised Blue Canoe is not more highly rated. Lovely view from the comfortable outdoor seating. I forgot to mention how delicious the sides were. Fries, potato salad or coleslaw. You can't go wrong. The only reason I can guess for the low rating is perhaps their prices. They are definitely on the high side, but I would say the quality makes it worth it. Also, great beer selection and bloody Mary's!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Sunnyside, New York
“Picturesque and pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stopped here for lunch on a weekday in high season enroute to ferry and found it good in every way. Very pretty setting (ask for an outside table). Wait staff way above average for the East End - well trained, pleasant and knowledgeable. Made us feel welcome from start to finish. Menu what you might expect for a waterfront place. Onion rings well thought out - good breading and clearly the oil was hot enough. Crab salad with lots of meat. Only the side cole slaw was a little drab.

We understand gets zooey summer weekend nights.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My family and I keep our boat in Greenport and haven't really been impressed with many of the restaurants. The Blue Canoe is a refreshing change! My entire family loved it. I had lobster cioppino which was outstanding. The spicy tuna roll was fresh and delicious. We got there around 6pm on a Friday night and were able to sit outside, however it did get very busy after 7pm. We will go back!

Atlantic City
“Overpriced but good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This place serves good food. However, it is not the best place in town and I would not recommend it unless you have eaten elsewhere first.
The atmosphere is casual with a pretty good view, bugs that bite, and a busy ferry right next door. The service was below average but the food was very good if overpriced.
One thing we noticed was that they use Sam's Club focaccia rolls. We could spot those anywhere. Not the best sign of quality. We would not go there again.

New York City, New York
“delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We came back for multiple meals on our weekend getaway. A great location right on the water to sit outside during the day for lunch. The oysters were delicious, the menu has good variety and a great selection of local beers. Also close to the ferry if you want to head over to Shelter Island

Visited May 2014