“Great Place”

First and South
Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Greenport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened in 2012, First and South is a relaxed atmosphere with quality fare, drinks, craft beer & wine! A well-rounded view of what the North Fork environment has to offer.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Make sure to stop in for a bloody mary, they are the best in Greenport. The food is also fantastic, atmosphere is cozy and staff is great.

1  Thank PearlGirl07
There are newer reviews for First and South

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have had 3 dinners and a lunch here and have always found it to be a great pleasure, The food is uniformly great, the service friendly, the atmosphere casual and a great date place.One of the best hamburgers and best chicken dishes I have ever had. Not inexpensive but always worth it.

1  Thank ElleAll
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I nt here on a whim and the food blew my doors off. This chef pays so much attention to detail in presentation. All our dishes were beautiful. More importantly, the flavors proved to be very, very special. Try the smokey calamari or the KILLER chicken wings. I've been back three times and almost every dish had me shaking my head at how wonderful everything was. The only shortfall was the whole-roated Porgy. The bones - which I knew would be there going in - overwhelmed me, and the cold vegetables underneath were juts no tthat appealing to me. That being said - this place is really cool, the people there are cool, the bar is cool and I hope they succeed...

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had high hopes approaching First and South based on the customer reviews. We started well. The venue was pretty, the outside dining area was attractive and breezy, and the staff was friendly and pleasant. The cucumber and almond soup was delicious as was my wife"s tomato and sunflower salad. The whole Porgy I ordered was ok, but overpriced at $27. Things went downhill with the roasted eggplant risotto my wife ordered. When the waiter inquired about the dishes, my wife responded pleasantly that the risotto bottom was burned, the eggplant was chewy and the dish was spicy though it had not been described that way on the menu.. Apparantly not sure what to say, he walked away without any response. No offer to replace the dish with another or any other accommodation. Later the same dialogue was repeated with the manager, who mustered an "I'm sorry". Good restaurants do better than that.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I ordered the squab. Yes they had squab that was perfectly cooked with amaranth and farro and blackberries. The only false note was the dried watermelon. I think that if the chef had used more blackberries it would have been sublime.
The blueberry pie from (Briermere Farms. 4414 Sound Ave., Riverhead, NY 11901) was the BEST!!!!! We had it warm with vanilla.
This is relaxed atmosphere where you can go in jeans or a nice dress, with your spouse or a bunch of small kids as was the table for 12 that was set up as we were finishing dessert.

This is a place to go for the food!

1  Thank thekoms