We're a family who love our holiday retreats, and this year, while in NYC, our friends recommended Silver Sands in Greenport. It was great to escape the city, and after an easy drive up, we had the best time of our whole summer! Silver Sands is everything a getaway should be: Comfy, low-key, beautiful and pleasant. Our cabin was perfect, a few steps from the beach, and the woodsy environment added a touch of nature so the kids could go romp and have their adventures. Staff there are top-notch, the complimentary breakfast made the morning meal a breeze, and it's only a quick shot down the road to the middle of Greenport, a charming little village. We loved it, and we're already talking about going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "DIRTY DANCING meets THE FLAMINGO KID" - NEW YORK MAGAZINE, April 2007The Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages was established in 1961 on 40 unspoiled acres on Peconic Bay in Greenport, facing Shelter Island. We are a quiet getaway for beach and nature lovers, and their families, and have been for generations. Our rooms and cottages all have microwaves, mini-fridges, television, AC, and some have efficiency units as well as full kitchens. We are set off the beaten-path in Greenport, down a wooded road on the beach and are adjacent to 18 acres of pristine wetlands. Over the last half-century, we have been host to families, couples, studio film shoots, major fashion shoots, and have been featured in the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, THE NEW YORKER, TIME-OUT, TRAVEL & LEISURE, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL MAGAZINE. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Hotel Greenport
- Silver Sands Motel And Beach Cottages
- Silver Sands Hotel Beach
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Greenport, NY - Long Island