Stirling House is a really nice little B&B that is walking distance from town. It is right on the water so has beautiful views of Shelter Island. We stayed here for a night away from the little one. Our main concern was to be able to go out for drinks/dinner without worrying about cabs and stuff and this fit the bill! It is a short 5 minute walk from town, where everything is on a couple of main streets.
Clay is very nice and what I liked about him the most was how hands off he was, which is atypical for most B&Bs. We weren't looking for advice or guidance for our night away and after he showed us around, he let us be. However, the other guests who stayed at the same time as us wanted a lot more guidance and he was able to provide that to them. I liked that he could tell what each of us needed in that respect.
He has yummy baked goods on the table all day and made a fantastic breakfast in the morning! The house is very neat and clean.
Since we were there one night and really only used it as a place to sleep, we weren't able to enjoy the house itself much. He has tons of DVDs, there's a sitting area on the front porch, a sunroom, and lots of reading material. Would definitely recommend if you like cozy B&Bs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront luxury in Greenport Village. Thank you to our guests! June, 2015 - Tripadvisor inducted The Stirling House into its Hall of Fame for receiving the Award of Excellence for the fifth year in a row. Featured on NBC's The Today Show, The Stirling House Bed & Breakfast is the top rated waterfront inn of Long Island. Quality abounds and the guests come first at The Stirling House, Long Island Wine Country's gem. Award winning breakfasts, gorgeous views of Greenport Harbor and Shelter. Boutique hotel, with expert concierge service. Vine Time, the total wine experience is both hosted by The Stirling House. Licensed by NYS Liquor Authority, The Stirling House is the North Fork's ONLY fully wine licensed B&B. 06/2011 Vine University - The All inclusive wine making class and getaway has started and has been met with very favorable reviews from their "freshman class". Stirling House provides their guests with complimentary area beach passes, as well as towels and chairs on demand. Wi-fi, i-Pod docking stations, ensuite pruvate bathrooms, flatscreen TV/DVD players, fireplaces, and so much more. You will never want to leave the porch! Better Homes and Gardens, Wine Enthusiast, Frommers, NY Daily News, WPIX TV, Edible Magazines, and Coastal Living rate The Stirling House B&B as their first choice. Shouldn't you? Celebrities come here to feel normal, and normal people are treated like celebrities. Coming Fall 2015 Guided Bike Tours of the North Fork Coming Winter 2015 Clay's Baking Lab 101 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Stirling House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stirling House b&b
- Stirling House Hotel Greenport
- Stirling House Bed And Breakfast Greenport, NY - Long Island