This was our first time to North Fork...but it won't be our last! We were looking for a quick weekend getaway, and even though we are both avid wine drinkers and residents of Northern NJ, we had never been to North Fork. In an attempt to avoid the crowds and the traffic, we planned a trip in mid April and took a chance on the weather! It was a bit chilly, but that couldn't keep us away from a day full of wine tasting and en evening indulging in one of the best meals of our lives (North Fork Table). However, the highlight of the trip, and the reason we are already planning a return trip, was our stay at the Stirling House. The owner, Clay, was one of the friendliest, most hospitable B&B owners I have ever met. Prior to our trip he provided fantastic recommendations as well as booked our dinner reservation at one of the hottest restaurants in town! The inn is directly across from the water, and the front porch provides an ideal location for sitting back with a glass of wine. The house is beautifully decorated and spotless (trust me, I looked)! Each room (3) has its own personality/character which adds to the charm of the house. To top it off, Clay prepares a delicious breakfast every morning, as well as snacks in the afternoon. We have stayed at a lot of B&Bs and this is one we will definitely going back to. Not to mention, it was located in the heart of Greenport so you could walk to all of the great restaurants and shops!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront luxury in Greenport Village. Thank you to our guests! June, 2015 - Tripadvisor inducted The Stirling House into its Hall of Fame for receiving the Award of Excellence for the fifth year in a row. Featured on NBC's The Today Show, The Stirling House Bed & Breakfast is the top rated waterfront inn of Long Island. Quality abounds and the guests come first at The Stirling House, Long Island Wine Country's gem. Award winning breakfasts, gorgeous views of Greenport Harbor and Shelter. Boutique hotel, with expert concierge service. Vine Time, the total wine experience is both hosted by The Stirling House. Licensed by NYS Liquor Authority, The Stirling House is the North Fork's ONLY fully wine licensed B&B. 06/2011 Vine University - The All inclusive wine making class and getaway has started and has been met with very favorable reviews from their "freshman class". Stirling House provides their guests with complimentary area beach passes, as well as towels and chairs on demand. Wi-fi, i-Pod docking stations, ensuite pruvate bathrooms, flatscreen TV/DVD players, fireplaces, and so much more. You will never want to leave the porch! Better Homes and Gardens, Wine Enthusiast, Frommers, NY Daily News, WPIX TV, Edible Magazines, and Coastal Living rate The Stirling House B&B as their first choice. Shouldn't you? Celebrities come here to feel normal, and normal people are treated like celebrities. Coming Fall 2015 Guided Bike Tours of the North Fork Coming Winter 2015 Clay's Baking Lab 101 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stirling House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stirling House b&b
- Stirling House Hotel Greenport
- Stirling House Bed And Breakfast Greenport, NY - Long Island