“Northfork Boutique style hotel with great pool.”
Review of Greenporter Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenport
Greenporter Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Northfork Boutique style hotel with great pool.”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My wife and I love the Greenporter. We have been comming here since the hotel opened in its 1950's style renovated fashion. The location is great, a NYC block stroll to the center of town and the rooms are fun, stylish, and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. I like breakfast on the hotel porch where the guests share the hotel's NYT. After a day of winetours and biking I like sitting by the large pool area. The restaurant is surprisingly good. You can often see the owner, Debra, comming back from the local farms with all that great northfork fresh stuff that ends up on your plate. I come here 3 or 4 times each summer and come back with the kids when they get back from camp in August.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Stayed here for a wedding this summer and was hoping for a nice place to stay, given the $300 a night that the room cost. I was quite disappointed. I didn't mind the Ikea furniture or the thin hipster enviro conscious concept behind the place. I took issue with the cheapness given the cost of the room.

Some of the lowlights of the trip were a desktop ironing board which makes ironing shirts a complete pain. There is this odd notice on the back of each door that says if you spill anything in the room, don't use the towels. Notify housekeeping instead. Which seems ludicrous, as my two nights stay could probably pay for all of the towels in the motel. I had to sign three waivers, including one that states the pool closes at 7PM and that I can't dive in it. Oh and there's no closet. And you can't take the hangers off the rod, which I don't understand. Also the room numbers are odd, and some signage to help people who are staying in 402 realize that that's actually on the second floor of the left wing.

I've paid a similar amount and stayed at the St. Regis in DC with far more amenities and less nickel and diming. I realize that there is an issue of supply and demand on the North Fork, and I can appreciate it. They should either raise their trust in their guests or lower the cost of the rooms.

1 Thank GCC14173

Travelers are raving about these Greenport hotels

Bronx
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I was so flattered that the morning waitress, Christine, remembered my name..this was my second visit. The staff is friendly and attentive and the restaurant cooked my steak au poivre perfectly both visits. The location is ideal and getting aound (we didn't have a car) was quite easy because of the convenience to the local bus stops. We took the Hampton Jitney from Manhattan and only walked a very short distance from the Greenport RR to the hotel. Loved the pool and quietness of the hotel. Definitely plan to return a third time.
Patricia and her best friend Lisa

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Sea Cliff
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Our last stay was very pleasant. However, we had a terrible problem with ants in the room upon arrival. We complained and the housekeeping was not very supportive. Were told not to leave food out. We never brought any to begin with much less leave it out. The front desk laughed it off. Had to bring it up again, still, no real solution to the problem. Will not return again.

The restaurant staff and food was excellent. Would return to dine!!!

1 Thank idolette
Amityville, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stay in Greenport quite often and have stayed at 10 to 12 different locations from B&B's to the Fancy Place. We love the Greenporter because the rate is reasonable, the rooms clean and the service there when you need it. We've found the owners and staff friendly and helpful whenever we needed anything. And the restaurant that's right there has a nice bar with local wines and high quality food. One can spend another $200 bucks down the street, but for us, we'd rather spend the money on shopping and wine!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Bethpage, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I've stayed at the Greenporter twice. The rooms are clean, the location is great, but the furnishings are spartan, and the plumbing must have been put in by an amateur. The 'free high speed internet' doesn't work unless you sit int he reception area. The first time I was happy overall with my stay and decided to return for a few days during the summer. I was very unhappy to learn they were hosting a 'soiree' for the local vineyard association and we couldn't use the pool or spa, or the restaurant. I couldn't even find a place to park my car. When I expressed my unhappiness with this, I was told I could buy a ticket to the soiree. H-e-l-l-o! I already paid (a lot!) for my room and the pool, spa and parking should be a given. The 'complimentary' dinner wasn't since I was told AFTER I ate my entree it was extra. The staff needs lessons in professional behavior and service to the paying guests. I will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
TheGreenporterHotel, Owner at Greenporter Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
We regret that the customer is not aware of the value we offer our customers for lodging in Eastern Long Island. We always encourage our customers to compare the rates at all area properties before making their reservation.

During our summer season we offer a midweek rate of $169 per night. Additionally, during the summer we offer a dinner package for booking a three-night weekday stay which includes a complimentary three-course dinner for two in our restaurant. However, the prime steak and sashimi tuna entrees have $15 supplements which are terms disclosed in our package details. We have uploaded a picture of the dinner voucher.

We were surprised to read the customer’s statement that the restaurant was "closed" during a wine event. The event being held that night was The Greenport Rosé Festival of 2009, to benefit Breast Cancer for $35 per person. The customer also states that due to the event the pool and spa were closed. The benefit event was held the last night of their stay and for this night only the pool hours were adjusted in order for the benefit to take place. Our regular pool hours of 9am-7pm were changed to 8am-6pm for this benefit. Not only were our guests understanding of the adjustment, most of them purchased tickets and attended this event.

We are equally shocked to hear that the customer spent four nights with us without alerting us to their lack of internet connectivity, as we would have immediately assisted them. Wireless Internet service is very important to us as we host numerous corporate retreats and have three separate towers to ensure wireless connectivity throughout our property. In the event a guest may not be familiar with establishing a connection to one of our towers, we are always available to assist at the front desk, from 7am-11pm daily.

We are also surprised to hear that the event "closed" the customer’s access to our spa services. All massages and treatments are held in our treatment rooms which are not located anywhere near the pool area. Treatments may be reserved between the hours of 8am and 9pm seven days a week by appointment but are not complimentary. Our customers were here for four days and never requested nor booked spa services.

We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and have many repeat guests who return every year for the services we provide. We are grateful to them for their support and welcome all future guests to visit us.
New York
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The room was fine, but the plumbing was bad! Our tub shower didn't drain at all and when we called, all the management did was send the front desk clerk up with a toilet plunger!! Gross!! It made the water drain very slightly, but still not enough to shower properly. The management didn't do anything else! We had to pre-pay for 3 nights for a holiday weekend. The room should've been checked and fixed before check in!! Shame on you, Greenporter! I could overlook the other problems -- poor cable service, a leaky sink faucet, poor toilet flushing, but this was the last straw!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CityFoodTours
TheGreenporterHotel, General Manager at Greenporter Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2010
We regret to hear of the dissatisfaction expressed regarding the Long Island Cablevision service offered in our establishment which features over 80 stations. Nonetheless, it remains unclear as to what the problem with this service was. Due to the unusual nature of the following complaint, we are certain of the identity of the guest. As a result, we have pinpointed the date of the stay and we can report that there was not a complaint regarding the cable service during their stay.

Regarding the guest's problem with a slow drain, not only did we dispatch a member of the front desk to the room but we also followed up with our handyman, who unclogged the tub. He was accompanied by our head housekeeper who re-washed the tub. When these two professionals left the room, the drain was in working order.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
#1 of 5 in Shelter Island
Heron Suites
Heron Suites
#2 of 3 in Southold

Been to Greenporter Hotel? Share your experiences!