“Highlight of trip”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was my first time in Greenport. I was there with a bicycling group, and a few of us happened upon Biere while looking for a place to have a glass of wine. Turned out that the restaurant portion of Biere (there is also a deli portion) was not actually open, but the owner was nice enough to let us buy a glass of wine. The next day, we returned there for lunch. Thank heavens we did! I just can't say enough about the food, the wine, and the owner. He was one of the most gracious hosts ever. I ordered only the eggplant Parmesan (which was among the best I've ever had), and ended up with not only that, but his homemade squash soup (again, among the best I've every had), a fansastic glass of wine (made by the owner), and a dessert tasting plate that I'm still dreaming about. We loved the wine so much, that we asked if we could buy a bottle. The owner told us that he is only licensed to sell it by the glass, not the bottle, but he would be happy to GIVE us a bottle. Who does that?? He was just the sweetest, most wonderful man. If I am ever fortunate enough to return to Greenport (a wonderful little town, by the way), Biere will be my first stop.

1  Thank SFG68

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Our waitress was wonderful very helpful I wish I knew her name I believe she had a British accent, the food was very good we had a mussle dish which had alot of chopped up garlic which I loved My wife had the riggatoni with the prociutto which was good it would have been nice if the riggatoni was home made. I had the stacked eggplant which was real good except for that thick eggplant skin. Try the spaghetti wine very good but I didnt understand why the house wine would be 9 dollars a glass a little steep for a home made wine.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I spent the weekend in Greenport and this was by far my favorite restaurant. The food was great but no too expensive - I doubt I could have gotten a better meal on some of the more expensive pricier restaurants. The owner was very funny and friendly and made sure we enjoyed our meal, gave us complimentary champagne for our occasion. and even broke out his guitar to sing along with the one man musician they had playing. I can't wait to go again.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to go here. Had trouble getting phone number but they do not take reservations anyway.We were there fairly early and although other restaurants were crowded, this one wasn't. We deliberated whether or not to go in and we are very glad we did! Ordered one of the mussel dishes on the menu and the special spaghetti with clams. Both orders were delicious! Wish we were informed about the tapas at the bar- next time we will try that. Had an extensive beer selection but only one red wine choice although they had a nice bar.
Service was excellent and the waitress so helpful with giving us points of interest in town.
Definitely a place not to miss.

1  Thank Laurie1249
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Frank is a hospitality genius. Go in, sit down, talk to Frank. My friend Nancy took me to Biere. I cannot describe what Frank did with food. We had excellent sashimi, followed by baked salmon. They have sssooo many beers. I'm saying little here. Just let Frank feed you. Wonderful taste. Totally relaxing. Magic night.

1  Thank jairamransom