“Loved it was like being with family”
Review of Drossos Motel

Drossos Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenport
Drossos Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Spent the memorial day weekend at the Drossoa Motel. The rooms were clean and neat the staff wonderful. I felt like I was with my family. My son just loved the golf and the owners granchildren played with him. I would go back anytime. It is also close to everything.

1  Thank helen7569

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Was there the beginning of May for a wedding with my wife and 2 grown children and it was perfect for us. It was clean, well located, and management was as helpful as they could be. Seemed like everyone there was enjoying themselves, with lots of kids enjoying the putt-putt golf and food stand.

1  Thank ajg353535
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Had a great stay with my husband and two kids. Very clean and friendly. The attached miniature golf made it perfect for the kids! Would definitely recommend and go again.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

This place is the equivalent of a $40 a night dump--the only difference is you get to pay $200 a night. I returned from my friend's wedding at 10:30 pm and was dismayed to find that there was no shampoo provided. I went over to the office to find it was closed (again this was 10:30 pm on a Friday night, NOT 3:30 am). When I saw lights on in the house attached to the office, I rang the doorbell 3 times but there was no answer. Finally someone pulled up in a car, got out and walked toward the office. When I asked if she worked here, she said she lived here. When I said I was looking for shampoo, she said the motel didn't provide it. She also seemed surprised that I had the audacity to ring the doorbell when "the office was clearly closed." When I said I thought this was a business establishment that would be interested in providing good service to customers, she said this was a "family business" and not the Marriott Marquis.

If they're not the Marriott Marquis and don't want to provide shampoo nor customer service at well before 11pm on a weekend, then they shouldn't be charging $200 a night.

Unbelievable. Do NOT waste your time or money here.

And per the other post, our room also smelled like mildew.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We didn't enter the room until a little after midnight and what we found was a grimy, dirty room that screamed "bed bugs." Even worse, it had the overpowering smell of mildew; the smell was so bad that we initially considered sleeping in the car, and in retrospect that's what we should have done. One guest had to keep using her inhaler all night because the mildew agitated her allergies. The rest of us only had to deal with mildew-induced headaches the next morning.

After a quick look around it was clear what happened: the roofs of several of the buildings, including our building, was leaking, which explains why some of the roofs had tarps stapled on top and there were garbage cans filled with rotting roofing material scattered around. I spoke to several other guests and the smell went away after they turned on the air-conditioning, though everyone was upset.

Perhaps the worst part of the story is that they seem to be aware of the problem but continue to rent out the room. For what it is worth, I've never written a negative review before. I've never even complained about a hotel room before.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
#1 of 1 in Jamesport
Southold Beach Motel
Southold Beach Motel
#3 of 3 in Southold

Been to Drossos Motel? Share your experiences!