“Great fun, great staff!”

North Fork Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 Food & Drink in Greenport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Personalized Wine Tasting Tours of Long Island`s North Fork wine region. North Fork Wine Tasting Tour Packages may include accommodations with meals for Bachelorette Parties and Birthday Parties. Day Tours by coach or party bus, mini coach bus, or limos are available with pick ups in all of the Metro New York areas, New Jersey, Connecticut or Long Island.. Prices for complete package of tastings at three wineries, lunch, and taxes start at $119 pp.( depending on amount of ppl ) A perfect day for Birthday parties, Team Building, Alumni events, Girlfriend getaway weekends and family get together's.Also now booking for North Fork Brewery Tours.
Reviewed September 4, 2018

A group of friends who were in the city for Labor Day weekend with no plans booked a wine tour together for something fun to do over the holiday. It did not disappoint! Our group was decently sized--about 15 people--and the staff at North Fork Wine Tours, organized a fantastic last minute tour for us.

Jay, our bus driver, was incredible. He was very accommodating with our requests for restroom breaks and smiled through our questionable music selections all played very loudly.

The vineyards we visited were also stunning. I highly recommend Bridge Lane, especially. We enjoyed a very tasty boxed lunch (also organized by the company) at Lenz Winery, which was picturesque. My only complaint is that I feel like we could have spent more time exploring each winery--in all, you only have about an hour at each stop.

That being said, it was great fun and will keep in mind for future group activities!

Michael F, Owner at North Fork Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank You for the review of North Fork Wine Tours, it was our pleasure to help you and your friends enjoy a great Wine Tour over the Holiday weekend. We will be sure to pass along to Jay as well. When we do Sunday and weekday tours we cut back the time 45 mins for the extra discount for the weekday tours. Next time when you book a wine tour, be it weekday or a Saturday we will give 5 hours at the Vineyards, that way you can have more time at each Vineyard to Enoy!!!

All reviews
"friend's bachelorette party"
in 11 reviews
"wine tour"
in 21 reviews
"north fork"
in 21 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"boxed lunch"
"requests"
"outing"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service. Incredibly rude, unaccommodating and unreasonable. Total scam.

1  Thank LindseyS1813
Michael F, Owner at North Fork Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

These are comments I posted on another website Where Lindsay made more of her malicious and fictitious story up with no backing up of her claims what so ever. These websites are supposed to be for REAL REVIEWS, not someone who threatens to go to social media unless they get money back, for NO REASON WHAT SO EVER!!
First and Foremost I must say being in business for almost 15 years doing Wine Tours, I have never received a more fictitious all out lye of a comment/review. I have to say thank god for GPS, emails, contracts and phone records. Here is a REAL rundown of how the day really went. When my driver Steve arrived for a 9:30 pickup @ 9:08 am in Manhattan, he tried to make contact with the customer, to no prevail. Finally at 9:19 am after 3 more times of calling he made contact, in which the customer said " I see you outside my window, I will be down in 10 mins, which they were ( 7 of them not 9 like in the SIGNED CONTRACT ). When asked about the other 2 people we were told one is running late and the other went to get coffee from a deli around the corner. No problem, when the the gentleman with the coffee arrived at 9:50 ( now departure was 9:30 ) Steve the driver stated that if we leave any later we will hit traffic on the North Fork and will be late to the first Vineyard. Which was agreed upon. So after waiting for the 9th person to no prevail, we departed for the Vineyards at 10:04 from NYC. ( we have all GPS records of the day ). All of our limos and buses have GPS just for circumstances like this!! The group called the office ( as did steve ) to let us know about the tardiness , my office manager then told Lindsay " she would push back her FIRST VINEYARD, 45 mins so they dont deny you entrance ", which was agreed. When we got to the first Vineyard at 12:15 instead of 11:30 do to the customer waiting for coffee and the 9th person who never showed, we tried to do the collect with Lindsey and her counterpart Michael ( he also wrote the same exact review ). Still no mention of overtime at all. Dont know where they got that from ? When we went to collect for the 9 people, we were told no we are not paying for the 9th person that did not show. Steve explained that you have 9 lunches , reservations for 9 people at all the Vineyards and the per person price for transportation was based off of 9. Then we were told that she sent an email 2 days prior stating that they were going to be 8 people. We asked them to forward it, and if we missed it we would be responsible for the 9th person. STILL waiting on that email. When they said they couldn't find it , I was told we MUST HAVE ERASED IT ????????? Didn't know that my last name was Clinton. I then stated( and past customers know this is how we do business ) we call all our customers MON/TUES prior to the SAT wine tour to verbally go over everything. Then we send and email confirmation that Wednesday so we have a paper trail. We also have 3 signed documents/contracts from the customers stating there itinerary, lunch orders, vineyards, time frame and OT charges. Which we HAVE!!! You still have not provided any proof of anything as you said you would! So after going back and forth for 10 mins I graciously said just give us a $100 instead of the full amount, 45% off to rectify the situation and everyone enjoy the day. Which you agreed. The as you were talking to Shyla again giving her and Steve you CC info you were saying , and I am paraphrasing " I know its not you guys or the company,we didn't want to include this guy in the wine tour, we knew he was going to do this to us, we didn't think we would have to be responsible for him , this is probably going to be the last time we talk to him ..........." Then when we stated it was in the contract and we have to do this because it is a business, she then became aggravated again. Told shyla to run the CC for the $100 and I will just call the CC company on Monday and have reversed and hung up the phone. We did not run the CC of course, but after a little back and forth again, miraculously out of no where the 9th person cash was in Steve hand. That's when we thought everything was good and no other instances happened at all that day. No talk of OT at all, and if you check the reviews Steve is the most talked about driver of mine with the most 5 star Reviews of my Driver. We never charge OT in our 10 pass limo, nor mention it to our clients.We keep our limos in Astoria Queens, so we are going that way. In our contract it states as long as you are in the limo at the departure time and we depart on time we NEVER charge for OT! Oh and by the way they ( I say they , because Michael trolled her review with the same review she wrote, as you can see above ) they did not depart the last Vineyard to 5:10, it was supposed to be 4:30 arrival back at NYC at 6:30 but got back at 7:42 drop time. Did we charge OT ? you guessed it NO! Some how that got left out as well. It is a shame how people use these websites to bash companies with no evidence at all of what really transpired. I have all emails, phone records and signed contracts to show how this is slanderous. To all of my future customers, please feel free to call the office and I will give you all the 5 Star reviews from past customers ( also seen on my website ) . Have GREAT DAY!!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

I booked a limo for a group of 6 visiting the North Fork for wine tasting. The team at NFWT was very helpful and accommodated my preferences for our day. Our driver, Nick, was very professional and helpful. We enjoyed our day very much.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

If you're looking for a dirty & drunken experience where wine tasting = exchanging a red ticket for a sloppy pour of wine into a plastic cup, where you have a nice view of port-a-potties rather than of vineyards, and what feels much more like a late night frat party rather than a wine tasting...then this is the "wine tour" for you!

If you're hoping to actually see a vineyard or have someone at the winery attempt to explain the wine you're drinking to you, then I'd recommend you go elsewhere.

And before you write this off as a sour post from some old fart, keep in mind I'm 33...and I'm sure 12 years ago this "wine tour" would've been right up my alley.

You've been warned!