“Shinn Estate Vineyards”

North Fork Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 Food & Drink in Greenport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Personalized Wine Tasting Tours of Long Island`s North Fork wine region. North Fork Wine Tasting Tour Packages may include accommodations with meals for Bachelorette Parties and Birthday Parties. Day Tours by coach or party bus, mini coach bus, or limos are available with pick ups in all of the Metro New York areas, New Jersey, Connecticut or Long Island.. Prices for complete package of tastings at three wineries, lunch, and taxes start at $119 pp.( depending on amount of ppl ) A perfect day for Birthday parties, Team Building, Alumni events, Girlfriend getaway weekends and family get together's.Also now booking for North Fork Brewery Tours.
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Barbara gave us personal attention and was informative on workings of a vineyard starting from scratch

1  Thank jean s
All reviews
"friend's bachelorette party"
in 11 reviews
"wine tour"
in 22 reviews
"north fork"
in 21 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"girls weekend"
"outing"
in 3 reviews
"suv"

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have used NFWT (George and his son Michael) for 3 years in a row now for an annual trip out to my house in Greenport. We usually have 10-14 people and reserve the mini bus. It is always clean and they provide waters. Michael did a great job this time around making reservations at the places I told him I wanted to go. He also did a great job making sure we were on time and kept up with the schedule I gave him without being annoying about it. We are a group in our mid 20's and can get loud but Michael is definitely a professional and as long as nobody is over the top, he doesn't mind. He even let us plug in our ipod and listen to music on the bus. Always on time (actually early) and very reliable. I highly recommend using these guys for a group tour or even just a couple who wouldn't mind being hooked up with other couples going wine tasting. In my opinion, these guys are the best alternative if you want a no hassle way to go tasting without having to drive drunk.

2  Thank nchristo
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I used North Fork Wine Tours for my fiancee's birthday. George was exactly as the reviews written about him; patient and very helpful!! He didn't have enough couples for the day I needed him because someone cancelled. After MANY emails and phone calls George's son Michael took us. What a life saver!

I was surprising my fiancee for his birthday; we were staying in Greenport for two days and this was my plan for the day! Michael took us to terrific wineries (I wouldn't have know about before). We got discounts on the tastings because he takes so many people there and each winery was as nice as the next! The people working there were informative and nice. Michael had no problem bringing us for lunch to the Lunch Truck at North Fork Inn (where I asked if we could go) and brought us to a winery that he knew we would be able to eat there (while we enjoyed our tasting; we were only allowed to eat there because of him). Definitely recommend going there for lunch! Great pulled pork sandwich (not to be missed) and lobster roll had loads of lobster on it (needed some sauce).

Overall it was a great day!! He made our weekend terrific. Not having to worry about driving was definitely an added plus!

7  Thank SueSLidoBeach
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We recently celebrated my 40th birthday with three other couples travelling in a limo with North Fork Wine tours.. We travelled to three wineries and then had dinner at a nice restaurant on the north fork as well, before returning home. From the beginning George was a pleasure to work with. He is very knowledgable about the north fork, and he made sure that he targeted wineries based on our specific interests. He obviously has good relations with the staff at the wineries because we were treated very nicely at each place. Mike was our driver and he was great. As a driver he can make or break our trip, and he really made it great. He was so relaxed and kind and patient and did a great job keeping us on schedule. I would definitely recommend this company and will absolutely consider using them again in the future!

6  Thank Jackarooz