“Best of North Fork! 8 out of 4 stars!”
Review of Fordham House

Fordham House
Ranked #1 of 10 Greenport B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the moment I saw the unique photography on the Fordham House web site I knew that staying there would be a unique experience.

This B&B, opened Memorial Day weekend of 2012, stars beautifully preserved architecture and interiors with warm, cozy furniture and art. The breakfasts are hearty, plentiful and delicious (don't miss the chewy house-made granola), the home-baked late night snacks sweet and moist, the beds deep-sleep-and-dream inducing, the grounds spacious, quiet and scenic, and the owner as hospitable and generous as she could be.

I brought my girlfriend to the North Fork to propose to her. Halina, Fordham House's owner could not have been more helpful. She suggested areas that might be romantic for my plans, took midday calls with requests for snack recommendations, offered suggestions for decadent and restorative in-room massage, lent us chairs and a picnic basket for an under-the-stars beach trip, and just generally made our stay very enjoyable. There is no better bed and breakfast to stay in the North Fork.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lhughett

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I fell in love with Fordham House. It's a beautiful B&B to spend a long weekend, and I couldn't have been happier staying there! The owner, Helena, was very welcoming and helpful, and made a spectacular breakfast! She definitely has her eye on the details, and I loved how each couple had an individual French press of morning coffee to accompany the delicious fritatta, coffee cake, yogurt and fresh fruit. The beds and linens are extremely comfortable, and I just felt completely relaxed throughout the stay.

1  Thank JM22345
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Fordham House Columbus Weekend. Everything was lovely.Halena,the Inn-keeper couldn't have been more warm and welcoming. She has thought of every little detail.Our room was so cozy and luxurious. Her breakfasts were so delicious and hardy, we did not need lunch . We had a full weekend planned, but she had many recommendations of activities and local restaurants.We will definitely be back .

Room Tip: We chose the least expensive room,but didn't feel that we missed out on any of the luxury.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine E
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My boyfriend set up a surprise weekend away for me and it was truly decadent. As everyone else has said about the Fordam House the attention to detail was wonderful and her breakfast with the fresh fruits and the amazing waffles was a wonderful way to start the day. We skipped out on breakfast the first day and decided to sleep in late and Helina insisted that she pack a snack bag for us so we were able to enjoy picnic on the ferry to Shelter Island. If you can stay in the room with the very large bathroom it is like having a sitting room to relax in. I would highly recommend staying at the Fordam House.

1  Thank jyk0823
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Spent the weekend for my husbands birthday. We had a great time. The house is beautiful, with so much charm. The furnishings are gorgeous. Breakfast was also wonderful with fresh juice, yogurt, fruit, and also a gourmet hot course as well. We will definately come back, maybe for a winter getaway. Highly recommend the Fordham house.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We loved it here, Helina is really friendly and welcoming with great advice on the the area for a visiting Londoner. Our favourite beach was only a short cycle ride away.
The house too is really special, beautiful timber and lots of light and style.
We were recomended to stay here by a friend and we found Fordham House had even more to offer than we expected. Fabulous, thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Penny D
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everything about this B&B was fabulous for me and my husband. I just love historic homes and this one lived up to my expectations. From the moment i stepped on the porch I new I was going to like it here. The attention to detail was evident everywhere i looked. The main floor of the home was grand with beautiful furnishings that invited you to sit down and relax. The main dining room where breakfast was served was open and very comfortable with individual tables for 2. Halina the owner, was fantastic. She showed us around the home and explained some of the history and showed us 2 of the large bedrooms we could choose from. Both were beautifully decorated but I just had to choose the one with the bathroom that was so big it could have been another bedroom. The bed itself was very comfy. The decor throughout the home was a little Ralph Lauren/Porrerybarnish. The linens were quality and a maid came to make our bed and change our towels each day while we were out and about in Greenport. I loved breakfast because it was a little self serve with fresh fruit, yogurt, granola and juice waiting for you while Halina cooked up fantastic waffles Belgian style and french pressed your coffee to order. I just love Greenport and visiting the wineries and now I love the Fordham House as our new place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Sound View Greenport
Stirling House Bed and Breakfast
American Beech
American Beech
#9 of 10 in Greenport

Been to Fordham House? Share your experiences!