“Awesome time even during the rainy weather”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenport
Eastern Long Island Kampground
“Awesome time even during the rainy weather”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We spend Memorial Day weekend at ELIK let's just say the drive up there is beautiful is the area is peaceful and so nice .
But this past holiday weekend we didn't have the best weather it was raining with low 40s at night and very. We arrived Friday night I had reserved a spot out by the woods lets just say Friday night sucked there was rain and mud evey where the rain leaked into our tent because we didn't set it up right since it was almost midnight we past out the next morning we drove to the camp office and spoke to the best lady I met in a while her name is Mary she has short white hair. sweet as ever she help us changed campsite to a new place with electricity and water she had the best costumer service I have ever seen she went out of her way to help us out in any way we needed ... I was almost scared about the bad reviews that I read on here about this place but we came and were so surprised this place is awesome they have activities for the kids, fire truck rides, a pool ( even though I wasn't open because of the rain) a DJ at nights and the had a fire works show Sunday night for a half hour :)
The campground is clean and the bathrooms are the best bathrooms I have ever used at any campground clean no
Smells what so ever. Other reviews said that this was the land of the NO but we didn't have one complaint if you take care of your site and follow the small rules they have you would t have any problem, they even come and pick up the garbage for you in the Mornings that's awesome .. All I know if that we are deff coming back to
Camp here again and again , we loves this place and we also love Mary she is an Angel thank you all for a great holiday weekend

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Eli0329

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
lake ronkonkoma
Reviewed April 10, 2013

nice quiet place to relax, staff and owners are great, place is always clean, we go every year for a week, if i didnt have to work i would spend my summers out there. my wife and i just love it. as far as some complaints i read, i dont see any of it. if you take dogs, clean up after them, if you take kids clean up after them. my spot is clean on arrival and i make sure its clean when i leave. all ready to go this july for another week. kathy and lou eliet

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Islip Terrace, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have been told by other campers and by some reveiws that this is the land of NO and the staff is rude. My family just returned from our 3rd stay there and this couldn't be further from the truth. This time I brought 3 other families from our camping group (we were the stragglers that waited too long and didn't get in for the Newburg trip with the main group) and they also were impressed. so much so that we are going to nominate ELIK for one of our upcoming group trips (12 families). The staff is polite and helpful, the facilities are clean, activities for the kids and the store has everything you need. We are glad they enforce their rules (helmets for kids, curb your dog, no loud noise at night, etc.) it just makes for a better stay for everyone. 8 adults sitting around the campfire at 11:30 at night having a few laughs, enjoying some parent time and nobody bothers you--that's great! My 9 year old son lost his wallet and a staff member knocked on our camper door at 9:45 pm to return it and it had more money than he even thought he had still in it. Remember, level of satisfaction is very arbitrary, some people could walk in to the Taj Mahal and think it's ugly. Our group thinks this place is great. We are definitely coming back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nicky c
Point Pleasant, NJ
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Checked in Tuesday afternoon with my 2 children ages 14 & 10 around 5:30 pm. The woman at the front desk, Mary I think was her name, was very polite, cheerful and helpful. She did her best to give us a site with shade but the trees are few in the middle area of the grounds. Not a problem for us as we were "out east" to explore Long Island,go to Splish Splash Waterpark and the ferry to Montauk & the Hamptons. We basically just slept, ate and showered in the campground. I was told about the 5 mph and one-way roads but that there were no one-way police I just went slow. No Problem!

I did not take a look at the pool but my kids said it didn't look clean, it was "green". We have an in-ground pool at home so they are aware of what a clean pool looks like. Other than that I found the entire place very clean and well manicured. Men's restroom/showers were spotless, no coin operated showers and plenty of hot water! My daughter, 10, said the ladie's was good too except for moths, lolol.

Our experience was that most campsites shutdown early and were quiet throughout the night. The kids even remarked about how early things got quiet, FINE BY ME!

W'll go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank barkley1956
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The place was clean but almost too clean because you would get yelled at for "breaking rules " . It's not family friendly and it's packed tight. Also they have breed restrictions but every camp site has a dog it's stupid. For a place that is pricey they don't have much to offer! I would definitely read the online reviews.. I should have before booking because I would not go back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank N C

Travelers are raving about these Greenport hotels

lake ronkonkoma
Reviewed July 26, 2012

my wife and i have been going for 4 years now, wouldnt go any other place, owners and staff are great, packing right now for our 5th year, relaxing ,quiet, very injoyable, dont care about the price its well worth it, thumbs up myran and donna. see you friday 7/27/12. cant wait. lou and kathy eliet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank louis e
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was the 3rd visit to ELIK and like other visits this was a delight and a joy. The fee is pricey but worth it! The staff greeted us with a welcoming smile and were most helpful and pleasant. Our spacious campsite was beautifully groomed and clean with a table and a burning pit. We were guided to our site and the staff waited to see that we had all we needed before going on his way. The store, pool and rec hall were well managed. The bath houses were well lighted and very clean as was the total campground. If you would like a camping experience where you feel safe and your children can play and enjoy different activities this is the place for you! And a bonus is you can ride your bike or take a taxi a short distance to wonderful shops and stores and waterfront activities.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make reservations.