“My first experience in Greenport”

Front Street Station
Ranked #18 of 63 Restaurants in Greenport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Greenport, New York
“My first experience in Greenport”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Front Street Station was the very first dining experience that I had in Greenport. They have good food and are open for business most of the time, being there for me when other places weren't. I'd go back anytime.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank wbogardus

Southold, New York
“Great bar and food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Sharon and Dave have many years of experience in the food service industry. They took over Front Street Station, added some of their own style but kept the quality and consistency. The sit down menu is loaded with comfort foods and specials. The bar is cozy and has additional items on its menu (great wings). Andy serves everyone with a smile. Great place for dinner or a late night drink and snack. They have some outdoor seating to sit and watch the busy streets of Greenport. Give it a try!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank chris m
“Quirky”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The building/atmosphere was a little quirky but nice. The fried food was delicious, although veggies not as good. Draft beer selection could have been better. Prices were pretty reasonable for the area. I'd go back

Visited June 2014
Jag2002S, Owner at Front Street Station, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Front Street and help me make my business more successful. With regard to the building, it is historic. The pub area was made in a train car style in the late 50's , and is the original building, and used to stand where the Greenport Post Office is now, until the late 60's when it was moved to its present location. It has been functioning as a restaurant ever since. The atrium was added on sometime after that. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal. We are fine tuning our vegetable preparation, experimenting with different recipes. I am in agreement with you, they can be better and we are working on that, even though they are fresh, they are not YET as good as they could be. Our draft beer selection is constantly rotating, if you had a specific draft in mind that was not available or that has gained popularity please contact me and let me know. I am always open to customer comments and suggestions, after all without you the customer, there is no Front Street. Again thank you for your time and your review. Next time that you make us your dining destination we will do all that we can to make your 3 start experience a 5 star experience. Sharon : Owner of Front Street Station
Massachusetts
“Our new favorite place in Greenport”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We often stop in Greenport after the ferry and the train theme caught our eye. Entering the atrium was bright and cheery. The integration of the restored 1920's diner with the atrium was inviting, giving one the feel of outdoor dining without being on the street and exposed to the weather. The staff was warm and friendly. Small raisin rolls were delicious. The simple cheeseburger was perfect and the special chicken pot pie was piping hot, meat filled and flaky pastry. We will be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gilreign
Bethpage, New York
“Winter warming”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great place to spend a winter evening on the north fork . The atrium room with a star lit sky makes for a great dinning atmosphere . The hot homemade soup and baked clams was a great beginning for our visit along with some merlot of course .
My wife and I both had fish entrees ,she had flounder and I had
Shrimp both were fresh and prepared to our liking .
The service was excellent and we were never rushed,a must visit
If your in Greenport .

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank dantidal
Front3332050, Owner at Front Street Station, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to help make my business successful. Front Street and myself look forward to your dining with us again.