This place is probably value for Long Island but it just wasn't what we were looking for. We were mislead by pictures on the website. The website only shows you a close-up of the pool, the pool is actually quite small. The 'resort' is depressingly like an apartment complex in a seaside setting, I did not feel like I was on 'vacation'. It rates less than any Days Inn that we've stayed in, but having said that there are probably not very many nicer places in Long Island that allow kids. Beach is pebbly and not great for building sand castles or walking barefoot. The unit that we had rented was minimally decorated. We saw one or two others and ours was actually better looking, the ac in one of the others was not even working. I thought management was OK, the guy who came in to fix a light bulb was actually friendly and told us of several places in the area we could visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private resort beach, sweeping lawns and heated pool in a relaxed 7+ acre setting. Privately owned condominiums overlooking Long Island Sound, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and Living Room convertible couch, sleeps 6. Each unit offers private terrace and self catering kitchenette, including refrigerator, wine cooler, microwave, dishwasher, stove top. LCD TVs, unlimited Wifi, and easy access from public transportation. Close to area attractions. Village of Greenport, golfing, boating, bikes, hikes, fine dining and wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Cliffside Resort Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffside Resort Condominiums Hotel Greenport
- Cliffside Resort Condominiums Greenport, NY - Long Island