All reviews master bedroom adirondack chairs condo unit north fork private beach entire complex great condo main bedroom balcony overlooking bring beach shoes steep steps lovely bedroom two bedrooms and two baths water view long island sound heated pool girls weekend
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Ocean view apparently means the window of the living room because the bedrooms are right over the loud whizzing traffic of the busy road which kept me up all night, in addition to the freezing cold (no heat control) and light spilling in the cheap slatted blinds. I specifically asked for ocean side based on the tips and when told ocean 'view' was the room I didn't consider the traffic noise or location of the bedroom windows. I had no resorty expectations so was expecting a cheap decor based on these reviews and it lived up to my expectations. Wish I had predicted the worst night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel. I never would have booked it.

Date of stay: October 2011
2  Thank Woodywoodson
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We were on the North Fork for a wedding and a bunch of us were staying at the Cliffside Resort and it was perfect! Check-in is not until 4 p.m however we had to get in an hour early to get ready for the wedding and they were extremely accommodating. They all had great information about the local wineries and where to go to eat. Town is just a few short minutes away which is nice, and once you are in there everything you would need is in walking distance. The location is amazing, i just wish it was a little bit sunnier so that we could have enjoyed it more. we only stayed for the weekend but the next time we make a trip to the North Fork we are definitely staying here!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed at the Cliffside for a wedding. Condo had NO decor and was poorly presented. If you can even call it that. Not a picture on the wall, never came to check or clean in 3 days. Ran out of bathroom toilet paper last day. The only reason it got 2 stars was location. Way over Priced for what you get.

Room tip: stay elsewhere!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JADEL09
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at the Cliffside Resort Condominiums in June for my son's wedding in Greenport and then again this past weekend for a family funeral in the area. The June experience was fine, though expensive. My husband and I shared the apartment with my sister. This past weekend, however, was a different experience.
The apartments are only three years old and are already showing signs of significant wear and tear. It looks like fairly cheap materials were used and the maintenance is not ongoing. A light over the little kitchenette was out. We brought this to the attention of the management. The lightbulb was never replaced. Every single wall in the unit was scuffed and/or marred, the carpet was stained and torn in places and the wall in one bedroom had been gouged and not repaired. The stall shower in one bathroom is impossible to turn on without getting soaked and the exhaust fan in the other one was falling off the ceiling. There wasn't even a box of Kleenex in either bathroom. There is no lamplight in the living area only bright garish overhead lights not useful for reading. The furniture is very generic and not particularly comfortable--sort of along the lines of a Fairfield Inn but not as nice. All this for over $1200.00 for three nights! The view from our porch (which was not clean) was lovely. You can see Connecticut across the Long Island Sound. We had been given a bit of a break on the rate, as the less expensive units were not available and the rental agent acknowledged that we had stayed there before.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Beautiful view atop the mountain. THe kids loved running around in the grass and having picnics on the picnic tables overlooking the ocean. The beach itself is a bit rocky and steep to climb down, but there are nicer beaches a short drive a way. We all loved the outdoor patio, it is a great place to have breakfast overlooking the ocean or to have a late night glass of wine. The wineries are wonderful. I have been to Napa & Sonoma, and these wineries are right up there.

Date of stay: August 2011