“Nice Big Sites”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield Park
Skyway Camping Resort
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Skyway. The sites were very large - Have not been to one this big yet! They had a picnic table, nice fire area, and all of the hookups we needed. All sites are back-in. The place was immaculate. The people who worked there were so friendly, even going as far as getting into their own stash to get something for me for my son's bug bite when I could not find anything in their store. The activities were very family friendly. The pool was so nice, clean, and there was someone there to make sure all of the children had an adult with them. Our 32' motorhome fit wonderfully. It seemed that most people were seasonal, but they all made us feel quite at home. About 10-15 minutes into the town of Ellenville if you need to run to a grocery store, Walmart, or Rite Aid. Definitely a wonderful, family friendly, clean, accommodating place!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank adellel

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We'd never rented an RV before and decided to try out our short (19') rental RV for a short stay at Skyway. We had our new dog Oliver with us. On the Wednesday prior to Memorial Day weekend we called Dave at Skyway to see if they had any spaces. A really dumb thing to do, in retrospect, as it is likely one of the bigger weekends of the season for RV camping resorts. They were close to full up, but Dave called me back, and assured me he's carve us a space. He greeted us at the gate when we arrived, remembering the call (he had what seemed to be close to 100 sites) and ushered us to our site. He knew we didn't bring children and located us in what seemed to be a kid-free area. The entire time, we felt as part of a big family. The fishing pond, the deserted road (for dog walks), our fire pit and picnic table all felt like home. Dave greeted us when we returned on our way home too. Great facilities, but customer service to match. Thank you, Dave!

Room Tip: Park your RV in such a way as your shower water tilts towards (not away from) the drain.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rachelrider
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My family and I spent a few days in August at the Skyway Camping Resort and had a very relaxing and enjoyable time. We rented a camper for the 5 of us (myself, hubby, 16 year old daughter, 14 and 12 year old sons) and was apprehensive at first but the camper was very clean and very comfortable. The grounds are very clean as were their bathrooms. There is plenty to do on the site. My kids enjoyed lighting up sky lanterns and having daily family contests at ping pong. We also enjoyed meeting some of the seasonal people and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely visit again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sophia B
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I spent my whole summers here as a kid! I even life guarded here during a few summers as a teen. The seasonal crowd is fun and friendly, and feels like a second family. I've made great friends who I'm still in touch with over 20 years later, and I try to come back at least once a summer to visit, now with my husband. Though we don't always make it back for it, our favorite weekend to go is the corn & chili cook-off towards the end of August as it's just one big social evening where the corn is so, so fresh and delicious! The money raised goes to St.Jude Children's Hospital (a charity the owner's raise money for every summer through a bunch of different events).

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and there are always staff around to help or answer questions. There's also always something going on too: arts & crafts, bingo, a movie and if there's not there are tons of other things to do like fishing, game room, basketball, volleyball, paddleball, boating, the pool and they have most all of the sports equipment there so we don't even need to bring any sports stuff with.

For us, it's always relaxed escape and a great way to slow back down and enjoy the simple things in a really beautiful setting.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JESSICA G
Reviewed July 10, 2013

On a positive note overall the staff are very friendly, facilities very clean and the pool very nice. However this is not a campground where you go to relax in a peaceful, natural setting.

This is less a campsite and more a place to bring an RV with every accroutrimont, creature comfort possible i.e. a place to have a second home for the summer. So be it.

However, I had a neighbor who thought it perfectly normal to blast (and when I say blast I mean BLAST) music all day, starting around midday and ending at 11pm. The lack of consideration for anyone else was such that the message was clear. "This is how it goes here, dont like it find somewhere else". Several other sites were also partying pretty hard. I got the impression campers were jumping from one site (party) to another. Via golf carts.

If you are looking for a small opportunity to get in touch with nature (i.e. camping) or you have kids who you want to sleep before 11pm, this is not your campground.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank intl1

Been to Skyway Camping Resort? Share your experiences!