“Lost the business of many families.”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was our 5th year going to jellystone and sad to say our last. We chose this particular place due to the fact that we are many families who need lodges close to each other as we do many community meals. We book early every year for a weekend out of season. Each year we are told that we cannot pick where we want to stay, they will try to accommodate us. I have been to many campgrounds and no one has ever told me this before. But we had been lucky and did manage to get what we needed. Unfortunately this year we did not- another family was placed in the middle of our 9 family group. I feel terrible for the noise they must have had to deal with. The rest of our families were spread out. In addition, several families had issues wih mouse droppings all over the lodge and another family found excrement left on the toilet in their bathroom.
We would have happily returned for another year but after going for 5 years and still being treated in this manner has made us find another campsite. They have lost 9 families who rented deluxe lodges because they couldn't be accommodating even though we booked in early June. We found another place that did accommodate us, with equal if not nicer lodging, more activities and cheaper. I guess jellystone did us a favor after all.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Luvs2teach
There are newer reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Booked this campground due to its proximity to my home (just over 1 hr) and because it was a first "camping" trip for my 5 y/o daughter. We stayed in a deluxe cabin with 3 adults and 3 children. The cabin was extremely clean, could not have asked for more, the grounds were well maintained and the staff was very friendly. There are lots of activities to keep kids busy throughout the day, the cabin has cable tv but it was not used due to kids being out during day either at the pool or playground. By the time it was dark they were exhausted and ready for bed. I read a couple of reviews here dating back to aug 2011 in regards to bed bugs and must say I did not find any and did not get bit at all, and would have been reluctant to book if I had read them prior to booking. The lake is well stocked with fish and all the kids got a chance to reel one in. Already planning our next trip back but next time we will need more cabins since more friends want to go with their kids. Overall had a great time.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

First let me hit the negatives, which are few. First the terrain. I have bad knees and hip. The terrain here is all up and down hill. Just be forewarned. Second, the site we had was great except there were two old falling apart vacant campers next to us which was an eyesore.
Now the good. We camp in a C class RV so do not have to contend with bed bugs in their cabins. Apparently that is an issue but we were not affected by it. The staff was friendly and helpful. In fact we avoided an abruptly short stay (due to our refrigerator shutting off) with the help of a tech on the staff. I called the desk and he came within minutes, helped me diagnose and fix the problem. Can't ask for better service than that.
The pool and splash area were great. Our grandkids had a fantastic time there. I personally enjoyed the hot tub. Having lifeguards and a huge pool was a great bonus.
The store was well stocked and the campground had activities all week long. Most parks we have been to only have this feature on weekends. Again, the kids had lots of activities to choose from. They are 7 and 12 years old.
We did hear some kids who were in groups doing cursing and I suppose that happens everywhere but it still bothers me to hear small kids and youth using that language not thinking of who is listening.
Overall the weeks stay was most enjoyable. We would return to this Park.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just stayed at Jellystone Park in Woodridge NY August 10th - 12th. We were 3 adults and 2 children age 11 and 13 in a deluxe cabin.

We were both apprehensive about going to this place. We are not campers. Luckily our cabin was almost brand new so we were very happy with our living space. Central air worked great.

The grounds are very nice and well maintained. The pool was great and the kids really loved it. Paddle boats were a lot of fun. Everyone enjoyed the family egg toss and there are many family activities you can do.

The public bathrooms were also very clean. We had to use these on Sunday after we were checked out of our room.

The only downside for me was the big hill down to the snack bar, pool and registration desk. It is a little hard to walk back up to your camp site or to bike it. The kids seemed to enjoy the hills and many were rolling down them.

We enjoyed sitting around the bonfire toasting marshmallows and telling scary stories.

The kids enjoyed going into the woods behind the cabin and catching salamanders and caterpillars. They let them go when we left!

Highly recommend this place!

Steve and Carol

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe newer cabin. Some are newer than others.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have a pop-up camper and decided last minute to check this park out. We were informed that all the tent and pop-up sites were taken but that we could have an RV site for $1 extra per night. SOLD! The staff works to keep the park very clean, the kids occupied and literally every detail is covered. The store is well-stocked and has items that you didn't know you needed! Firewood is a bit pricey at $7 a bundle, but it's good, dry wood.

Our only complaints were not responsibilities of the park itself, but rather of the clientele: People *really* need to observe the 5.5 mph speed limit -- we saw people whizzing by our site at speeds much higher than that, and my heart was in my throat while walking with my little guy...

Despite the staff patrolling, there were also groups of kids that would carouse through the park after quiet hours -- and not very quietly. Whooping, hollering and littering were the name of these kids' game. The trade-off was that the park was eerily quiet at 8 am -- Never have I been to a campground that was so peaceful that late in the morning!!

All in all a fun time was had and we'll be returning for sure!

3  Thank CeeMarie76
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was our first and fourth Jellystone. We love this camp ground we have been with our RV once and stayed in a cabin once. Both were great. The cabin we stayed in was rustic, no bathroom, but everything was very clean and it had a full refrigerator which was nice compared to the dorm size ones most of hotels offer. The beds are OK, they beat sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor. They have a splash pool and a regular pool with a 8-person Jacuzzi for adults. They have a great activity schedule and it includes all ages. Their Halloween spectacular is awesome! The staff is always very friendly and the prices are extremely reasonable. We will definitely go to this one again. The location is not terribly close to any major attractions, but even that you can get to them within an hour or so, They have kayak rentals and pedal bikes, fishing as well as mini golf. We always enjoy it here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Zanneykpn
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We choose this campground completely based on location as it was a good midpoint between myself and my best friend, we wanted to meet up and have a fun camping trip for my step son and my friends 3 kids. my friend rented a deluxe cabin and we have a trailer so we got a campsite.. when we first made our reservations we requested that we have a site as close as possible to my friends cabin. They told us that they could not take requests but would try to get us as close as possible. I am very pleased to say that during this very busy weekend they came through and although we were not right next to them we were very close..Thank you Yogi staff!! When we arrived check in was a breeze, the desk staff were pleasent and made us feel welcome. Our site was spacious and very clean,it had a large picnic table prob 6 ft so get a bigger table cloth(ours did not fit).
My friends deluxe cabin was just right, it had a loft the kids loved, a separate bedroom for the parents, a small screened in front porch also a nice size deck, upon arrival it was clean and appeared well maintined.it fit the 2 adults and 3 kids with no problems.
The comfort stations was very well taken care of, it seemed like they had a small crew thats sole job was to clean the comfort stations, they would be there for hours at a time.. they did a fantastic job because the bathrooms and showers were always clean.
There is not much to do in the area surrounding the campground but no worries the staff at yogi have activities running all the time so other than food shopping (ellenville shoprite was by far the cleanest the othermarkets in liberty and woodbourne are gross) you have no reason to leave. All the activities were fun and well organized the only "bump" we had was during laser tag a few guns did not work so the staff did right by refunding our money not a big deal..over all we had a great camping experience and we have decided to make yogi bear woodridge an annual trip so we will be returning in july 2013.. thank you Yogi staff for a fantastic vacation

• Stayed: July 2012
#1 of 1 in Gardiner
Cold Spring Lodge
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres? Share your experiences!