“How disappointing!”

George Martin's Strip Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
George Martin's Strip Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Woodhollow Rd.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was expecting a great meal after reading all the reviews. I don't understand! The oysters I ordered for an app were not properly shucked so they were near impossible to get off the shell without a fight. My husband ordered pork belly app (his favorite) & the fat was so thick it was gross. He actually cut a chunk of fat out of the middle before eating another bite. We shared a cowboy rib steak. It did not say on the menu that it was marinated & heavily seasoned. It's a crime to mask a good steak. It was just above J&R's steak house. The lobster mac & cheese sauce was so thin it reminded me of Kraft. The creamed spinach was watery too. We did not take home left overs because they were terrible & there was plenty of leftovers!

1  Thank denross

Reviewed March 3, 2013

When my husband and I drove up to the place, it looked like an ordinary house. When we stepped inside,we were pleasantly surprised of the old world feel the interior had to it. The food was delicious and the staff very attentive. We were with another couple and 3 of us ordered steak the other tuna, and they were all cooked to perfection, and there were no complaints. The only downside I found was that it does get VERY noisy, and at one point we were shouting at each other to have a conversation. (we were in the main dining area) But as the night went on, it got better, we actually stayed very long after at our table enjoying our dessert and wine. We will definitely return.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm a local and eat out twice a week.My wife and I ordered prime rib and filet mignon and neither of us was impressed with quality of meat.The filet mignon from costco is better and I had to chew each piece of prime rib approx.200 times-lol.I sent back my first piece because it was so tough and the second piece was just as bad.If it was just a bad cut of meat don't serve it to your customers and return it to your supplier.We've had drinks and appetizers at the bar in the past and we were relatively impressed.The place has a nice atmosphere and the drinks are hearty.When you pay top dollar you expect top quality.Next time we won't take a chance and we'll go to Tellers.

1  Thank wylie55
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

If you are interested in a fine dining experience , look no further .. The staff was very attentive , the food , A little pricey , But The portion size and quality more than cover the cost ,Highly recommend , perfect for that special occasion ! ****

1  Thank Fldsetter
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Living locally we were surprised that we haven't heard any buzz about the place but we decided to go to dinner last Sunday evening. Although recently renovated, the place is gloomy, the staff unattentive and the service was terrible. Definatly not worth the prices that the menu is pulling. We frequent steak/chop houses often and one locally at least 2 times monthly. We were very disappointed with this restaurant. The steak was dry( hello...your a steak house!) the pasta dish bland. Blue cheese wedge salad was good...no biggy. But the staff,especially our waiter could have cared as he stood near the bar talking with the other staff while we tried to get his attention. It almost seemed like they were dying to get off work...a couple next to us looked at us rolled there eyes and were shaking there heads with apparent disappointment. We are far from a stuffy couple and rarely complain, but even down to the non existing atmosphere.. made us get the check and not bother with dessert. My girlfriend had a reservation for her husbands birthday this weekend she cancelled...smart choice. Sorry to say but we would not return nor recommend this place. Its in a very beautiful part of town tucked away and we hoped it would be a new find..not so. On a lighter note the girl bartender was a plus.. very friendly and sociable but I still wondering where the manager was. In a nutshell we would NEVER return. :(