“Great hotel at Great Neck”

Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Great hotel at Great Neck”
Reviewed June 10, 2007

The hotel is a bit out from the centre of New York but the train station is very close and the journey into town doesn't take long.
The staff were very friendly, the food was good and the prices were reasonable.
The rooms were large, all the facilities you could ask for and in comparison to what we looked at in the centre of New York, amazing.
We would recomend it. Well worth the visit.
Break Neck itself is a nice town in it's own right, some interesting shops, some very good restaurants.
Breakfast at Bruce's Bakery is an experience not to be missed, make certain you get a doggie bag!

• Liked — friendly
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Topanga, California
Reviewed June 3, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Great Neck to attend my 40th High School Reunion. We initially picked the hotel because they offered special rates for the event, and were hosting an informal cocktail party the first evening of the event.

Although I'd lived in Great Neck many years, I hadn't been back in a long time, so the visit was both familiar and surprising. The hotel staff was very helpful in answering questions and providing directions.

The room was very nicely appointed and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. Although it overlooked the Long Island Railroad tracks, we never heard a train, so the sound isolation to the outside was excellent!

I wish I could say the same thing about the noises in the hallway! We were awakend several times by the sounds of housekeeping staff walkie-talkies that must have been turned up very loud, and by the background music in the hallways, although the staff claimed they turned it down at night. There was also a buzzing sound of indeterminate origin that was disturbing. The Air Conditioning was also very loud.

We thought that being woken by Housekeeping at 9:00AM on Sunday morning was very disturbing, but we had forgotten to hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door!

We had a very nice dinner at the Giraffe restaurant on Friday evening, and the staff was very accomodating about many long-lost friends coming over and joining our table. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. They gave everyone separate checks, which we appreciated!

Internet service was excellent and free (wired) in our room. There was also a business center on our floor where I was able to easily print boarding passes for our return flight.

The Valet was efficient, although expensive ($12/night). I guess that's par for the NY area.

All in all, it was a lovely hotel, and we would not hesitate to stay there again the next time we visit Great Neck!

• Liked — Very elegant and comfortable hotel
  • Disliked — Noise from hallways
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Topanga_Travelers
Great Neck, NY
Reviewed May 6, 2007

We were devastated. Our home had been flooded by a burst hot water pipe and we had to move out immediately. We were frustrated, upset and very confused. We have a dog and didn't know where we were going. I called the Inn and blurted out our situation. Their manager got on the phone with me and reassured me that in no uncertain terms they had room for ALL of us. When we arrived they welcomed us with a complimentary meal gave us a lovely suite and couldn't be kinder to the dog. As our stay has now been more then 5 weeks and we don't see it ending to soon, the Inn has made many provisions for us. Storage space for our clothing was limited for a very short time. I mentioned to Andrew (the manager) that we needed some extra drawer space as we had clothes all over and by the time I returned home from work that evening, we had another dresser arranged in our room. A bucket of ice arrives every evening when we return home as they must have made a mental note of our habits. As for the dog, everybody including the owner of the hotel make it their business to play with her daily. The service is just first class all the way. The restaurant is wonderful, the people are wonderful and the experience has just been fabulous. I will be sad when we finally have to leave as this Hotel has made us feel at home.

• Liked — The Inn is located one block from the LI railroad which gets you to Manhatten in 23 min. and walking distance to town and several wonderful restaurants.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank agrahamGreatNeck
New York City
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Went to an engagement party so decided to stay over instead of driving back to the city. The room was perfect had a balconey but did not here a thing from outside. We loved it so much we stayed another night. Room service was great the food was wonderfull (just burgers and snacks) but most of all we had a chance to rest and relax. Would come back in a minute!!!

• Liked — had the opportunity to relax
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Livermore, California
Reviewed February 12, 2007

i stayed at the inn @ great neck b/c i had an interview close by and there were not many other options. my quick summary is that it was nice, but not THAT nice for the price they charge.
for the most part, the staff was very helpful. my only slight complaint would be when i checked in, i asked the front desk to arrange for cab service for the next morning. the employee said she would make the arrangements for me and call my room to confirm that everything was set. an hour after i had settled in my room, i still had not received a call so i called down to the front desk myself. turns out she did arrange the cab service but hadn't gotten around to calling my room yet (or perhaps she forgot, who knows). otherwise, the room was clean & tastefully decorated and the bathroom was large and bathrobes were provided.

• Liked — in the middle of downtown, near the train station
  • Disliked — renovations going on during my stay made the hallways less pleasing to the eye (but i didn't experience any noise disturbances! :) )
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank bea832
South Florida
Reviewed November 7, 2006

GOOD POINT: Room was nice, spacious and updated. Bathroom was large, jacuzzi tub, seperate shower and seperate toilet room.

BAD POINTS: If I didn't have to go throught the lobby or hallways and would of magically appeared in the room it was of been great...BUT i did have to so it was really bad. This is a SLH (Small Luxury Hotel) and I expected a nice hotel. Lobby and hallways are COMPLETELY outdated! Kids running around everywhere, my husband and I tried to have brunch at the only restaurant on the property and the host said sorry can serve you... private party, even though we were hotel GUESTS!!!! Crazy.

Its not worth the money!

• Liked — SPACIOUS ROOM
  • Disliked — LOBBY AND HALLWAYS OLD AND SMELLY
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay in your room
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank JADV1
Astoria, NY
Reviewed October 29, 2006

The Inn At Great Neck, on Long Island, NY, has spacious rooms, which are very clean and accommodating. I especially love the large bathroom and the Jacuzzi is most relaxing. The restaurant located in the hotel, the Giraffe Room Lounge and Restaurant, has a menu to suit a variety of tastes. The food is cooked to perfection and the desserts offered are scrumptious, while the service is excellent. All the personnel act and look very professional yet are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!