Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Los Angeles, California
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Alas, Great Neck has too few hotels for any sense of competition in service and price, but a comfortable location if you need to avoid the hassle and bustle of the city. This was my second stay at The Inn and I remain unimpressed. The place is not attractive on the outside and inside looks a bit worn! The rooms are large and decorated in an old fashioned style keeping w/the supposed 1930 look of the lobby. The evening hours had no entertainment when I was around though a large bar is downstairs. Hotel is in a good location in a small pretty town, but could really use a face lift. The window in my room was stuck shut so unable to open on a beautiful spring day. The a-c unit is loud. There was a crack in the bathtub that was not dangerous, but unsightly. The shower head could use more pressure. Staff is quite pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Though rooms facing the front have a better view, the constant car alarms going off w/the valet serv...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I had my wedding at Fresh Meadow Country Club and chose Inn at Great Neck for my out of town guests to stay. Everything was incredible smooth the whole weekend and the service was fantastic. It was a rain storm friday night and their shuttle went back and forth to a restaurant up the street to pick up people from the rehearsal dinner. By the end of the night the driver was soaked yet still friendly. The brunch on Sunday was delicious and the service great. Overall I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
hign30, Reservations Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad to hear that your wedding weekend went well and everyone was happy.

No one every expects such a stormy night like the one we had this Friday, so we are delighted you enjoyed the shuttle service our valet staff provided.

We are also delighted you enjoy your brunch the following morning. I'm sure it was a great way to unwind and relax with your family and friends after a long eventful night of fun.

It was a pleasure having you, your friends, and your family at the hotel this weekend. We wish you the both best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Reservations Manager
Aurora, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our daughter lives in Great Neck. She had told us that the Great Neck Inn was in walking distance to her apartment, so we felt it would be a convenient place to stay. We were very impressed with the Inn, from the time you drive in to the rooms. Front Desk is very nice and helpful. Rooms immaculate. We had a room in the front and had a nice balcony. You can walk to train, stores and resturants. Resturant in Inn is also very good to catch a bite to eat .

Room Tip: We had a room in front of hotel that had a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
hign30, Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your overnight accommodations at the Inn at Great Neck. We are happy to hear you were able to take full advantage of our balcony rooms.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Front Desk Agents and their excellent service. We are so happy you took advantage of all that Great Neck has to offer, with the many local shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Thank you for dining in our restaurant the Brasserie Americana and we are delighted to hear you truly enjoyed your experience.

We look forward to having you back in the future for your next visit with your daughter.

Reservation / Revenue Manager
Twin Cities, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My stay coincided with my high school reunion that was held in the hotel's banquet room. The friendliness starts at the front door where two cheerful valets greeted me when I rolled up on my motorcycle. The front desk had me checked in and ready to go in about three minutes.

Back out at my motorcycle, I unloaded my gear and one of the valets wheeled it up to my room. There is no street or surface lot parking around this place and valet parking is your only choice for overnight parking unless you want to park a block or two away in a parking ramp. Valet parking for a motorcycle is dicey. Most places won't allow you to park. I called ahead and I was told that the valets would not park my bike but that I would be allowed to take my bike down to the parking facility myself. When I pulled up, I noticed that there was a Harley Sporty parked on the sidewalk near the front door. Turns out that it was the GM's bike so this place is bike friendly.

After I checking in, I went for a ride around the old town and when I returned the hotel was busy. They had a large communion party going in its banquet facility, reunion attendees were checking in and folks were starting to arrive for dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Since showing me how to get in and out of the parking facility would take some time and lots of cars were coming in and out of the place at the time, one of the valets asked if I would mind waiting a little while until things calmed down so one of them could show me how and where to park. As an alternative, I was given the choice to park on the sidewalk where the GM had parked his bike. Someone is there 24/7 so I felt comfortable leaving my bike there overnight. It also avoided the potential embarrassment of setting off car alarms in the enclosed garage with my loud pipes.

My room was large with a king size bed and a lounge big enough to sleep a large adult or two small ones. When I put my perishables in the room fridge, I noticed that it was dirty and sticky. The staff had loaded two cans of soda on the rack directly under the freezer compartment. Both cans froze, expanded and leaked. I brought this to the attention of the staff and they took care of the problem.

The hotel room and public areas are bright, clean and modern. The artwork on the walls is tasteful and interesting. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and I overslept.

The banquette facilities were clean, bright and comfortable for the 80 or so people we had. It was a buffet style dinner and the food was very good. Small pieces of chicken and fish allowed you to try everything without getting overstuffed. The sauces were top notch and the food was hot. This place does catering well.

At the back of the lobby sits a small bar. It is dim and modern with lots of back lighting. The well appointed bar, experienced bartender and quiet atmosphere allow you to enjoy conversation.

Checkout was a breeze. It took about two minutes and I was on my way. Started the bike up and took off for my 1,200 mile trip back home. Great time. When in Great Neck, there's no reason to stay any place else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

All employees very friendly and courteous! Go out of their way to make your stay comfortable! Paul at the front dest exceptional! This is the Nordstoms of boutique hotels! The elite of customer service.

Room Tip: Face front view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided excellent service throughout your stay. It is always our goal to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

We cannot be more delighted that you truly enjoyed your experience at the Inn at Great Neck.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reservation / Revenue Manager
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The time you pulled up in front service was amazing, the Valet was right outside, greeted you very nicely. Front desk, the young lady I cannot remember her name welcome you and made you feel comfortable. Cleanliness of the hotel was immaculate. Nice location. Def a place to visit

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your review as well as your time and consideration. As with all reviews, this too will be shared with our staff members. It is also our hopes that potential guests that rely on such reviews through TripAdvisor to make their travel plans, will take your experience into consideration.

I am sure the staff will be pleased with the recognition they were given, and it will also reiterate how important exceptional customer service is.

Our team is very much focused on individualized attention and hospitality and I am very pleased to read that is what you experienced throughout your stay. I am also pleased to read that your accommodations were immaculately clean and added to your comfort.

Please continue to share your experience with others and please be sure to return in the near future.

Thank you again.

All the best!

~Franklin
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I rarely rave about a hotel. I'm raving. Everything was in its place. Well appointed. Plush towels and pillows. Clean rooms. And a staff that doesn't cut corners. They all seemed genuinely interested in making sure guests were taken care of, rooms were detailed and everything ran perfectly smoothly. This MUST be a family run hotel with employees that care about the details. The few negative reviews are incomprehensible. Great stay. Will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate it and we're sure fellow travelers will as well.

The Hotel's staff does genuinely care about our guests' experiences, which is why the majority of us are in this industry. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with superior accommodations, amenities, and services.

We know how important the details are, so we put an emphasis on paying close attention to them daily. The Inn at Great Neck is an independently owned and operated Hotel, and that allows it to really pay close attention to the needs and requests of its guests, and adapt quickly.

Much of what the Hotel has done in regards to new in-room/suite amenities has come from our loyal guests' suggestions. Our guests told us what they want and expect, and we invested the resources necessary to provide them.

Our commitment to exceeding one's expectations is strong. Perhaps we will never please all; however, that remains our goal.

We're very happy to read that you will return and we look forward to being your host.

All the best!

#3 of 4 in Garden City
The Roslyn Hotel
The Roslyn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Roslyn

Been to Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!