“Love It Every Time”

Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Reviewed June 10, 2008

This is an amazing hotel, if you plan on staying here I would highly recommend it. The staff their is very nice, they are willing to help with any thing you need as fast as they can.

The restaurant is very nice. The food is a bit expensive but it is good. No they do not have any vending machines and such but if you call and ask them for a bucket of ice and a pitcher of water they will gladly deliver it free of charge to your room. There is a grocery store right down the street so you can stock up on your own drinks and use the hotels ice. There are a good amount of restaurants around if you call the front desk and ask for menus from places around they will send those up also. Some deliver. There is a subway about 20 feet away from the front door of the hotel. One that they do not really tell you about is the Quiznos down the street, it delivers also. The local grocery store will also deliver groceries at a $40 minimum.

The noise level is minimum. Iv stayed there for weeks at a time several times a year. Iv had a room at the 2nd level directly above the train and I had no problems with the sound. Although, if you will be spending alot of time in your room when making reservations ask for a room with a view of the street - much nicer.

The staff is great. They will try to help you however they can.

The overall room is nice. Note:they have DVD players so if you have some favorite DVD's from home bring them! They also have a nice library of updated DVD's for you to choose from for free. It has an iPod speaker system and a CD player. Although the rooms are equipped with mini-fridges you can request an empty small fridge and microwave. They unfort. do not keep things incredibly cold but it is nice if you have leftovers and such. The bathrooms are very nice and very clean. If you plan on using the internet I suggest you go ahead and get the ethernet cable as soon as you get it or bring your own. Their internet is very fast but the wireless not so much.

Overall this is a very nice hotel in a very nice location.

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank AidanL3

Reviewed March 8, 2008

I needed to share my experience, as I have not stayed at the hotel at this time. I did, however, win a night stay at the Inn At Great Neck, from a silent auction to benefit a local community center. Oh, it sounded so beautiful, too! A Complimentary Romance Package for Two in a Deluxe Jacuzzi room included a dinner and breakfast for two in their restaurant. Even a bottle of champagne and rose petals in our room upon arrival! Wouldn't you bid on that if you could?? : ) Also, we have younger children and we can always use the time to ourselves. Well, I jumped on this opportunity, figuring that we could this special "alone time" and have the money go to a good cause. When I won, I called to make the reservations. The first time I called, they told me that I could only make the reservation 3 weeks in advance, no more. You, the reader should also be aware that it only says that holidays are not valid on the actual certificate. I hung up and thought about this. Is this right? Should this stipulation be put upon me NOW, after I already bid and won this wonderful opportunity? I don't have too much access to baby sitting so doing this 3 weeks in advance is about impossible. It just didn't seem fair that they need to wait until they got paying customers first and then put me in there, IF they could. I called again, about a month later, and spoke to someone named Sarah, who said she was a manager. When I asked her who I could speak with about this, she told me that she was a manager. I later realized that she could have put me through to the GENERAL manager but wouldn't. She told me again about their policy and I said if the gift certificate had mentioned these stipulations, I would not have bid on this particular item. I felt mislead and I was hoping they could help me. She would not bend. She shared that they "have" to give out many of these free certificates and they would not be able to honor them that way. I said I understood however, her hotel needed to make these restrictions known ahead of time!
Perhaps due to my persistence, I could hear that "Sarah" was becoming quite agitated with me. I tried to tell her that I wasn't talking about her, personally, I was unhappy with the hotel's policy, concerning my situation. That was when her claws came out. She said " How can I help but take it personally as you are pressuring me to do something that I can't do?" She became very unprofessional and "whiny" with me. I did say that I believed that she could do something or find someone else who could help me but she refused.
Don't you think, at this point, it would have been good busines to help me? When she asked me, while apparently feeling frustrated, "What do you want me to do?" I told her that I felt she could admit that it was the hotel's error that their poicy was not clearly stated on the certifiacte and to make an exception and allow me the reservation, when I wished to have it( first weekend in June). I guess "the customer is always right" theory is no longer valid in our culture, even when there is some vallidity to the customer's issue.
Basically, I wasted a half hour of my time with a woman who claimed to be a manager who couldn't or more likely wouldn't help me. She did say she would take my name and number and get back to me. I will let all of you know how this pans out.
Thanks for listening.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank richnei
Reviewed February 5, 2008

As a business traveler, I enjoy a hotel with consistently wonderful service, good sheets and a large bathroom. Inn at Great Neck is all of these things.

During my last visit the hotel staff remembered that I had stayed there in the past, the bar stayed open a half an hour later for my colleges and me to finish our drinks, and when ordering room service in the morning, the food was always quick.

I look forward to my next visit in July.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sh0e_diva
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We stayed at the Inn at Great Neck for medical appointments. Our stay was for 5 nights and we could not have been more happy with the accomodations. The hotel staff is top-notch; friendly, polite and helpful. They make every effort in accomodating any requests.

The rooms are very clean and it appeared to have updated furniture. The linens are in great shape (I've stayed in some five-star with the linens needed replacement!) and plenty of pillows to go around. We wanted a mini-fridge and within minutes had one in our room and they also gave us a microwave too since we had our daughter with us and they just figured it would be helpful during the stay! And most hotels will charge you a fee for that - they did not.

The flat screen tv was large that from any angle in our room all 3 could watch what was on tv.

We ate in their restaurant once for breakfast and the food was okay - it was about 10 am and they had already run out of some foods. We preferred to walk to some of the many restaurants that are close by for our other meals.

Within minutes there are coffee shops, plenty of restaurants, a CVS, salons and boutiques for browsing or shopping. If staying in the Great Neck area, I would highly recommend this small but very pleasant hotel. We need to return to the area in the spring and we will stay at the Inn.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2007

We had a Wedding and Sweet 16 party the weekend of our stay at the Inn.

Reservation were made directly with the Hotel and we were offered an excellent rate.

The reservations manager Jennifer, was extremely helpful and courteous.

The town of Great Neck is charming and clean and the Hotel was relatively easy to find.

We were greeted by an exceptionally friendly Valet who offered us some tips about the area.

Check in was prompt,fast and friendly.

Our room was tastefully decorated, however, I believe it's about due for renovating.

We ordered room service, which was fast and the food was great.

We were also given a complimentary bottle of champagne 1/2 hour after we checked in which was great, even though
the champagne was not chilled.

Over all, the Town, Hotel, Staff and Experience at the Inn was Excellent!!

We would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1spartan1
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Inn @Great Neck for six nights, and could not be more pleased with the level of service and the accomodations. Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet, and very reasonably priced given the cost of hotels in Manhattan ($269/night for a King w/2 person jacuzzi tub). The hotel was within walking distance of the LIRR station, so getting to the US Open and to Manhattan was a breeze. The hotel restaurant was reasonable cost, excellent quality, good service. The staff at this hotel could not do enough for us - any request was met with a smile and assistance. I definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again when visting the NYC/LI area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank STELLA13139
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Husband and I stayed three nights at the Inn at Great Neck from July 5th – July 8, 2007. Our wedding was in the Manhasset area of Long Island, and when I called around regarding hotel blocks in the summer of 2006, the Inn at Great Neck was able to give me the best rate, $165 per night + tax. They also gave our wedding block a reduced valet parking rate of $10 per night. So we blocked off 50 rooms. We initially worked with Sarah Freyne, who I think is in charge of special groups like this. She gave me and my mom a tour in the summer of 2006. However, most of the rest of the correspondence I had with the hotel over the year was with her associates, whose names I cant remember, but were often not very knowledgeable about the hotel. In the end, everything was set, and went very smoothly, but at times my confidence was a bit shaken.

Husband and I checked in on Thursday, July 5th and stayed in one of the regular rooms on the third floor. We also had my sister drop off 50 out of town guest bags at the hotel which the desk clerk gave out when someone from our block checked in. This process seemed to go very smoothly. The rooms are all different, which I love, and this one had an odd shape in that it was wide, but not very deep. They had a TV, a big bathroom, and a kitcheny area with a fridge and microwave. That first night we were there, our last together as fiancés, we walked over to dinner at the Pancho café on Grace Street. Very good Mexican food. Huge portions! There is also a CVS in walking distance, which was helpful.

On Friday morning, we walked over to the Bagel shop on Middle Neck Road and had some yummy breakfast. Later that day, I checked into the bridal suite on the 5th floor. If you are looking for a big, fancy bridal suite in which to spend your wedding night, this is NOT the place. The only difference between the bridal suite and the room I stayed in on Thursday night was that the suite has an enormous bathroom with a ‘jacuzzi tub.’ Really the room was similar, in fact the regular room had a fridge in it, and in the suite I had to request one (which was accommodated promptly) and the regular room had a pull out couch, and the bridal suite did not. Which kinda makes sense that it doesn’t, but since on Friday night my sister and cousin were staying with me, my sister had to sleep on the chaise lounge in the room. Anyway, I was under the impression that I would have the bridal suite COMPED both nights (Friday and Saturday) but when they went to charge me over $200 for the room Friday night, I complained to Sarah, we argued about it, and in the end, she charged me the $165 for the Friday night stay. You get the room on Saturday night comped if a certain number of room nights on your block are picked up (I can’t remember the minimum, I think its 25). I was sure she had told me I would have the suite for two nights, but I guess not.

We had our rehearsal dinner near the hotel, at the Rotunda Café on Middle Neck Road, which was really good. After, many of our friends and family gathered at the hotel bar and there was a piano player playing music. I think they closed the bar at midnight and then those still remaining went to the XO Bar, which is just across the street. I think the hotel normally closes the bar around 11pm, which I think is quite early for a Friday or Saturday night.

Saturday morning, I had rented out the conference room on the 2nd floor for our hair and make-up people to come and do the bridal party and moms. This was at Sarah’s suggestion and it was a great idea. There is no way all 15 of us would have fit in the bridal suite, even rotating through, and this was a good central location to meet up in the morning. We had breakfast provided through the hotel. They charged us $150 to rent out the room from 7am to 2pm and then $14 each for the continental breakfast, which was croissants, breads, cereals, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. We had a food attendant with us all morning keeping the food area clean and all the goodies stocked. That was much appreciated, although I think about everything at this hotel is overpriced. Some friends who had some breakfast at the hotel were disappointed in the prices, so I would suggest walking up to Middle Neck Road and hitting the bagel shop or Bruce’s (although I heard this place was good, but not cheap).

We had 49 rooms blocked off for Saturday night; so many of our wedding guests were staying at the Inn. When the shuttle busses arrived back at the hotel after the wedding, many guests went straight to the bar. I heard that they kept the hotel bar open quite late (like 1 or 2am) to accommodate the many patrons from our wedding. Initially, when I inquired about the hotel, they said to keep the bar open past 11pm they would require a $300 deposit which would be credited towards what was drank. Basically that we had to guarantee $300 worth of purchases to keep the bar open. We decided not to do that, but I am glad the inn was wise enough to keep the bar open, as many people were interested in purchasing drinks! My new husband and I were too tired to partake in the festivities, so we went up to our suite, and we were happy to see a bottle of champagne on ice, and rose petals everywhere, courtesy of the hotel!

Sunday morning, my family decided to host a breakfast at the hotel. We rented out the Empire Room from 10am – 1pm and we had a breakfast spread that was $23 per person. We had scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and then a continental spread with coffee, tea and juice. They also charged us $250 to rent the room, plus an automatic 18% gratuity. They did only charge us for 60 people although we had way more, but I thought this too was a little bit overpriced.

Overall, this is a really nice hotel, but I felt a little nickel and dimed. I mean, we brought in so much business and they were unwilling to budge on any prices. But the service was really good, and this is a funky boutique hotel that has a very unique feel to it.

• Stayed: July 2007
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn

Been to Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!