“Steak, Steak, Steak”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Okay, so this place only takes 2 types of payments. Cash or the Peter Luger credit card. That's it! :) The steak is the greatest in the US by far. It is very expensive though. But once you go there, you will never forget the experience. Just awesome.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our great friends took us to Peter Lugers for dinner. We were in their hands because they go at least once a week! I can see why they love this place so much! We started with a fine bottle of wine and they brought out a nice assortment of rolls. The next course was this slab of bacon! Wow.....who doesn't like bacon! Then large slices of beefsteak tomato and onions and the largest slab of meat you can imagine! They sliced and served it with a side of hash browns. They also make a homemade steak sauce that was delicious. Don't know how we got through to desert but, it was pecan pie that was warm! Yum! Also, we had the biggest strawberries with long stems that you could imagine with true homemade whipped cream. What a place! It lives up to its reputation! Loved it!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

There are porterhouses and there are porterhouses. This one is the benchmark. Service is great, ambiance is old style steakhouse. Don't miss the sundae for dessert and ask for extra schlag!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Honestly, I was really disappointed with Peter Luger's. We went there to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. The service was fine. I do not have complaints about the service. The decor...sigh. This establishment is really, really, really dated. It honestly is quite drab and uninspiring. I just feel that the decor really detracted from the entire evening.

The food...it was average. I have been to many a steakhouse (e.g. Rare 650, Blackstone, Bones in Atlanta, Capital Grille, Ruth Chris, etc.). I was not impressed with the steak. It tasted fine. It was nothing to write home about. The tomatoes and onions as well as the bacon were delicious. The German style potatoes were also very good. The desserts were fine.

The overall experience was disappointing. I would not discourage anyone from trying Peter Luger. I would just level set expectations.

3  Thank hopeful74
Reviewed February 14, 2013

They brought us the burned steak, the brought next to us customers cold steak. The manager's name is Costa. He said that I would be happy if I would pay a half of price. I was in their restaurant 8 times and never get such bad service. Tomorrow I call health department. This Costa was laughing on us and refused to provide us with his last name and health department id who is in charge. McDonalds has better service! shame on you Costa, you ruined the restaurant and I'll post 10 fedbacks daily before you get fired!

1  Thank Roman1111111111