“Eh...it was ok”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
New York
“Eh...it was ok”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Honestly, I was really disappointed with Peter Luger's. We went there to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. The service was fine. I do not have complaints about the service. The decor...sigh. This establishment is really, really, really dated. It honestly is quite drab and uninspiring. I just feel that the decor really detracted from the entire evening.

The food...it was average. I have been to many a steakhouse (e.g. Rare 650, Blackstone, Bones in Atlanta, Capital Grille, Ruth Chris, etc.). I was not impressed with the steak. It tasted fine. It was nothing to write home about. The tomatoes and onions as well as the bacon were delicious. The German style potatoes were also very good. The desserts were fine.

The overall experience was disappointing. I would not discourage anyone from trying Peter Luger. I would just level set expectations.

• Visited February 2013

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

They brought us the burned steak, the brought next to us customers cold steak. The manager's name is Costa. He said that I would be happy if I would pay a half of price. I was in their restaurant 8 times and never get such bad service. Tomorrow I call health department. This Costa was laughing on us and refused to provide us with his last name and health department id who is in charge. McDonalds has better service! shame on you Costa, you ruined the restaurant and I'll post 10 fedbacks daily before you get fired!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Roman1111111111
Rome, Italy
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went with my family to this amazing resturant!!!!
We'd loved how the steak was served and the taste is beyond my words.
The service is excellent!

I do recommend to buy the sauce!

• Visited August 2012
Garden City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outrageous steak!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food was solidly in the excellent tasting category, the wait service excellent, and the ambiance is old world charm, stylish surroundings and just great food!

White Plains, New York
“New York Steakhouses”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Delicious, juicy, dry-aged, tender steak, cooked to perfection, with a side of iceberg wedge salad and complemented with Peter Luger steak sauce is a great meal. Unfortunateliy, most of their sides are for two only, making it difficult for one. No charge cards (debit cards accepted). Service is generally good, though waiters can be kurt. The steak served sliced on a very hot plate (using Peter Luger's special cooking technique, different from most steakhouses). Atmosphere is old-style, with old wooden floors and a clientele of upper class people from nearby Great Neck. A lot of people go there for special occasions. Their prime ribs of beef are okay, but Luger's feature item is the steak.

Visited September 2012