“Overpriced and Very Disappointing”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 112 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lakeville Road
New York
“Overpriced and Very Disappointing”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went here with 3 other people. We had a reservation for 8:30pm. Upon arrival at 8:30pm our table wasnt ready so we hung out by the bar and had drinks. We were seated about 20 minutes later. There were so many issues with our dinner, I dont know where to start. Our utensils were disgustingly dirty. Then, 2 out of 4 of the entrees were wrong. I had a conversation with our waitress about how I am a pescatarian (fish eating vegetarian). I ordered the salmon and shrimp mixed grill. I was served salmon and bacon wrapped scallops. Didnt we JUST talk about how I do not eat meat? My aunt also ordered the same mixed grill as I did and was given the salmon entree instead. The manager happened to come over so we told him about the mix up. My entree was fixed and my aunt was given the shrimp she had originally requested on the side. The waitress admitted she made the mistake upon entering it into the computer. Then my husband was given a Tanqueray and tonic in a cracked glass. The icing on the cake was at the end when we had requested the check. Items that we did not order were on our bill. I gave our server my Landry's Select card to use rewards I had. She never thought to actually check the bill before bringing it back to us. It took us telling her about 3 times before she brought the correct check to us. This was like amateur night. For what you pay to eat here, I expect impeccable service. I will never go back to Morton's in my life. I did complain about this night and was contacted by the general manager who invited my party back for appetizers and drinks but that does not fix what took place that night. I would have rather been given my rewards back so that I could use them at Vic & Anthony's. Do not waste your time and money here. Go somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013

Rockville Centre, New York
“Overall Disappointing”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were looking forward to dinner at Morton's but left feeling we didn't get what we paid for. To start the valet out front was more interested in his IPhone than he was about taking care of customers and parking cars.

The Bar was nice, the bartender (6' 8") guy was friendly and attentive but that is sort of where it ended. We were directed to our table in the middle of this very large unappealing room instead of an open booth that was much more private. The carpet in the room was faded and tired and there was no ambiance to the room.

The server was pleasant and professional but the stains across the front of her white shirt were less than appealing. Food was good, the wine was great but there just wasn't any WOW factor. It really felt very "run of the mill" and for those prices, I expect more than run of the mill.

I think the management team needs to visit Bryant and Cooper, now there is a restaurant with atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Long Island, NY
“High Up on the Chain Steak House Food Chain”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

One of several steak houses along Northern Boulevard's steak row, with average steak compared with the other high price competitors. Compared to the run of the mall steak house (no typo) it is quite good but I am rating vs its local competition. They season steaks with a lot of salt, making for a good crust even if the interior is rare. Sides are typical, again with plenty of salt. I would recommend it for business meals, as it is reliable, quiet enough for conversation, and an all around safe bet. I have never eaten here on my own dime, but never have been disappointed for business.

• Visited August 2013
Oyster Bay, New York
“My favorite Steak House”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is favorite steak house. I have been to many. The strip steak will feed me for three days. I love the baked potato, and the creamed spinach

Visited March 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Not fully happy”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is my second time to a Morton restaurant (AC and this one). The first time I didn't enjoy at all. For this visit:
The restaurant personal was friendly, they sat us in a quick way. The server was respectful.
The initial salad was wonderful, simple but full of taste.
I got the ribeye and it was a very good steak, perfect temperature and quality. Maybe a little too salty for my taste.
My pregnant friend, ordered salmon, but she got a wrong plate (with steak) and she cut the steak and then she asked the server to change the plate and the server was insisting that it was her mistake (the other 5 persons in the table heard that she ordered salmon). At the end, he agreed to bring the salmon.
The salmon was not good, the taste was bad. The presentation was good.
After reviewing the reviews, I think the service can go from ok to bad very quickly. The quality is good, but to me not excellent. For a 100 dollars/person dinner, I would expect better service and better quality.
The desert part, the chocolate cake was ok. The apple pie was wonderful.

• Visited June 2013