“High Up on the Chain Steak House Food Chain”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lakeville Road
Long Island, NY
“High Up on the Chain Steak House Food Chain”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

One of several steak houses along Northern Boulevard's steak row, with average steak compared with the other high price competitors. Compared to the run of the mall steak house (no typo) it is quite good but I am rating vs its local competition. They season steaks with a lot of salt, making for a good crust even if the interior is rare. Sides are typical, again with plenty of salt. I would recommend it for business meals, as it is reliable, quiet enough for conversation, and an all around safe bet. I have never eaten here on my own dime, but never have been disappointed for business.

• Visited August 2013

Oyster Bay, New York
“My favorite Steak House”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is favorite steak house. I have been to many. The strip steak will feed me for three days. I love the baked potato, and the creamed spinach

Visited March 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Not fully happy”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is my second time to a Morton restaurant (AC and this one). The first time I didn't enjoy at all. For this visit:
The restaurant personal was friendly, they sat us in a quick way. The server was respectful.
The initial salad was wonderful, simple but full of taste.
I got the ribeye and it was a very good steak, perfect temperature and quality. Maybe a little too salty for my taste.
My pregnant friend, ordered salmon, but she got a wrong plate (with steak) and she cut the steak and then she asked the server to change the plate and the server was insisting that it was her mistake (the other 5 persons in the table heard that she ordered salmon). At the end, he agreed to bring the salmon.
The salmon was not good, the taste was bad. The presentation was good.
After reviewing the reviews, I think the service can go from ok to bad very quickly. The quality is good, but to me not excellent. For a 100 dollars/person dinner, I would expect better service and better quality.
The desert part, the chocolate cake was ok. The apple pie was wonderful.

• Visited June 2013
Meriden, Connecticut
“Went to Ruth's Chris the very next because we were so disappointed”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My bf and I went on a quick weekend getaway for fun and decided to go to Morton's since we were craving a good steak dinner. We were so disappointed. We were greeted promptly and sat within several minutes despite being 15 minutes early. After being seated, we were greeted by our server...I didn't find her incredibly friendly at first, rather dry and without personality. I will say that by the end of the dinner she had warmed to us a bit, but I prefer to have outgoing, talkative servers when spending the kind of money you spend at Morton's. Now for the food...I must say that this will indeed be the last time we spend any money at Morton's. How disappointing and sad. First off...to start we had the New Orleans style shrimp. Sauce was tasty, but very, very thick. Too thick. For our main course, we both ordered filet of beef and we got two sides: the bacon mac and cheese and the mashed potatoes. First, there was absolutely no taste whatsoever to the filet. Nothing. I am not a salter of my food. I salted that steak. There wasn't even any juices or au jus on the plate. Awful. The bacon mac and cheese had good flavor, but the cheese was separating...it became oily which I accepted since it was the best tasting thing we got. Mashed potatoes...really? I was insulted that this restaurant had the nerve to charge me what they charged me for mashed potatoes. In fact...during dinner, my boyfriend leaned over and said, "Your mashed potatoes are so much better than these." And you know what? I totally agree. Those potatoes needed butter, salt...everything an everyday at home cook would add to give them taste. They were tasteless. I did, in fact, salt these as well. In addition to the poor food, it took awhile to get to our table from the kitchen...and there were only 3 other tables in the restaurant at the time. And...after all of this, our server asked us if we were interested in paying to be part of some Morton's loyalty club. Um, no...we will NEVER pay for such terrible food and such a boring dining experience ever again. And like the title said...we did go to Ruth's Chris steakhouse the NEXT NIGHT because our craving for a great steak had not nearly been met by Mortons.

• Visited March 2013
“What happen??”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We always enjoy our meal at Mortons here and when we travel.

What happen??? Slow slow service and the restraunt was not full on Saturday night.

Soup came out cold. Lobster cocktail stringy.

Wait over 30 minutes still no dinners. Waitress apologizes and buy us a drink. Wait another 10-15 minutes finally dinner (or part of it)

One steak ordered well came out rare. No hash browns came out - we were told they we were going to get them soon. Well we finished eating before waitress came back and she still didnt have our sides.

My husband and I spilt filet mignon ( which we often do). I didnt have a scale but that was the smallest filet I ever saw.

I totally expect a high check in a place like this but maybe because I went home hungry this check was insane!!

Was a disgrace