“Bet Your Burger It's Good”

Bareburger Great Neck
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: American
“Bet Your Burger It's Good”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I liked the cool and relaxed atmosphere of the place. A faux garage/shed like placed that was converted in to a burger joint. A colleague and I were told to try this farly new place to dine in Great Neck. We went there at approx. 3:30pm for a late lunch. We walked in and were not greeted until we walked up front. There seemed to be more staff members than guests so not getting a greeting was a bit strange. Once we got a person's attention, the staff seemed friendly and to warm up. We we seated at an "oversized" tall booth. We were then given a menu and were asked if we had dined their before. We said no and were given a welcome. We were asked if we would like to start with drinks. I ordered a Strawberry/Banana shake with Chocolate. It was one of the best shakes I had. It was also $7.00 but again really good and plentiful. I ordered the Maui Waui Burger with Wild Boar. It was a great delicious burger. I thought the portion size was perfect. Not too big and not too small. My colleague and I shared a basket of fries and onion rings. They were good. The onion rings could have been cooked a bit more. The fries were buried under them so they were hard to get to and a bit too soft and not warm enough when we did get to them. All the foid items, besides the fries seemed freshly prepared and made to order. The funny or ironic part is that our waitress first forgot our side orders. She said she would take the charge off the bill, but when we got the check, it was still on it. We didn't bother to say anything. We ate them, besides most of the fries so we felt we should just pay for them. While we were eating, we were not asked how we were enjoying our meal and again, I thought that wad strange since there seemed to be many staff members on the floor. I think there may have been a shift change or something going on but the customer should always come first. Maybe the waitress we started with did not communicate much with the one that completed our experience? Because they are new, it appears they are still working out the kinks, but they better hurry because the food is not inexpensive and as good as it (burgers and shake), people will not be too forgiving of poor service. I will say, the burgers we ordered were perfect (as described), so if you are looking for a fresh burger of all different types with all different types of toppings, you can get your burger you'll get that here. Just bring your appetite and a good amount of money. Again, I thought the portions were perfect. I can eat and I left stuffed. To me, the taste of the burger, the apparent quality of ingredients, and the shake made my $25.00 before tip worth it. I would just like to experience better service if I (we) are to frequent the place.

• Visited July 2013

Long Island, New York
“Good and expensive for small portions”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant. I was eager to try it after all I have heard and read about it. Our waiter came by to take our order and then we never saw him again! It seemed as though all the staff avoided our table once our order was taken and then food served. My husband ordered the bison burger. He said it was good but the burger was tiny. My son ordered the hamburger and liked it as well but also, it was small. I ordered a large dinner salad and it was a very small salad served on a large plate. I asked whether I had gotten a small salad and was told if it was a large dish then it was a large salad. They told me the portions were small because it was organic. A server did tell me that another patron complained that the salad was small. A manager came over and made an adjustment to our check. I would have preferred that my salad been larger then to get money back. What did not make sense is that my salad was smaller than the burger...isn't meat more expensive than lettuce...especially organic??

• Visited July 2013