“Excellent Food”

Union Prime Steak and Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Prime Steak and Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeville Rd
New York
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I went here this past weekend. We had 7pm reservations on a Saturday night for 4 people. When we got there, the place was not crowded at all. We were give a table for 4 but my husband preferred a U shaped booth so they happily accomodated his request. For our appetizers, we ordered the hot sea plateau for 4 people. I was a little reluctant at first because of the price. Normally when you order similar items at restaurants, it is very skimpy and not worth the money. When this sea platter came, I could not believe my eyes. It had more then enough food for 4 people. It was huge and absolutely delicious. It included crab cakes, scallops, shrimp and calamari. The top level had green olives and a bunch of different sauces. It was so good and such a nice amount of food. I seriously am going to be craving that plateau and probably have to go back to have it. For dinner, I had the Crab Encrusted Chilean Sea Bass. Everyone else in my party had a steak. The entrees were delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection. For the sides, we ordered lobster mac & cheese, creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin. They all were so good. Everything came out nice and hot and delicious. For dessert we ordered the peanut butter lava cake and creme brulee. The lava cake takes 20 minutes which was fine because we all needed a moment to relax after that food. The dessert was delicious also. I have to say, this was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. I was also very happy with the service.
I highly recommend this place and would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was our worst $100 meal in a long time. In general, the staff was busy with large parties and could have cared less that my wife and I were there. The prices were outrageous (clearly driven by expense account dining). My $10 glass of wine was skimpy. I ordered prime rib (on a Thursday night) and the waiter then came back and told me they "would be out of prime rib until Sunday". I asked "How can this be at a busy steakhouse?" He admitted "it is a little odd." The petit filet I then ordered was very good but quite small for $40. As for sides, having read on TripAdvisor that the specialty hash browns could sometimes be "soggy", I inquired of the waiter. He promised mine "would be crispy". When they arrived, however, I realized they were not hashbrowns, but rather diced potatoes sautéed with onion and bacon-- not crispy at all. The waiter later acknowledged this reality. Net result was that a special anniversary dinner became a huge disappointment.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Luvtosail17
Port Washington, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Most definitely the worst restaurant that I have ever been to. I wish I had read other reviews before booking. The steaks were served cold and came back even colder after being sent back. The accompanying vegetables were also cold. This was after an hour and a half waiting for the main course to arrive. The management were offensively rude and arrogant, this place does not deserve any custom at all, there are several other steak houses close by that are a million times better than this awful place

Visited December 2013
Dunedin
“Excellent Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Two of us had the Rib Steak for two. The other in our party had the filet mignon and asked for it butterflied. It was wonderful. The Rib Eye for two was absolutely perfect, BUT, at $90, quite exorbitant! You cannot go wrong with the food here. It never disappoints, if you have an expense account or are just able to afford it. Service is excellent as is the ambiance. The Pomegranate Martini was outstanding as was the mozzarella appetizer.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“steakhouse par excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I took my nephew for his birthday He is a steakhouse aficionado. He rated it as one of his top three.
His rib eye was to die for. Unusual for steakhouses, the fish that I had was excellent. It was recommended by the waiter as one of the best dishes they serve.
The sea bass was moist, flaky and delicious.
We had a reasonably priced wine and sides like the lobster mac and cheese(again my nephews favorite ) and broccoli rabe.
It is definitely pricey, but what good steakhouse isnt?
I will definitely go back for the steak next time

• Visited November 2013