“steakhouse par excellence”

Union Prime Steak and Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Prime Steak and Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 110 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Sushi
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeville Rd
New York City, New York
“steakhouse par excellence”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I took my nephew for his birthday He is a steakhouse aficionado. He rated it as one of his top three.
His rib eye was to die for. Unusual for steakhouses, the fish that I had was excellent. It was recommended by the waiter as one of the best dishes they serve.
The sea bass was moist, flaky and delicious.
We had a reasonably priced wine and sides like the lobster mac and cheese(again my nephews favorite ) and broccoli rabe.
It is definitely pricey, but what good steakhouse isnt?
I will definitely go back for the steak next time

• Visited November 2013

Hempstead, New York
“Old Faithful”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

cant go wrong with this place. Been here many times, of course its not cheap but you should know that based on the place and location. Always treat you good and the sushi station is a pleasant surprise. LOVE the brussel sprouts

Visited September 2013
Amagansett, New York
“Huge disappointment”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We've been eating there since it opened and last few visits have been straight downhill. Last night we went for their dinner special and after the appetizers, everything was disappointing. My wife had to return the salmon as it was way overcooked, and their so called 1-1/2 pound lobsters must have been dieting.
Last visit for us there. Other choices beckon

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Qwickrick
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Love the steak but am head over heels about the creamed spinach!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I order the porterhouse steak for two. We order it medium-rare. Its just beautiful each time. However, we can't get enough of the creamed spinach. We are thrilled when that arrives.

We like the clean, contemporary decor and their chocolate colored columns.

They have a great selection of wines and also offer other options if you are not in the mood to eat steak.

We love visiting.

• Visited October 2012
Nassau, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst steak ever!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go there to celebrate our anniversary. This place was a complete letdown. Although the waiter was nice, the service was very slow and the steak was dry and overcooked. After eating at steakhouses like The Palm and Peter Lugers, this place is not in the same league even though they charge top shelve prices. Both our steaks were overcooked and dry beyond belief. Not even adding sauce helped to chew it and swallow it. The steak was hard to swallow and I'm not exaggerating. It was by far the worst piece of meat I have ever eaten. I don't think even my dog would have eaten what this steakhouse wanna-be served us. I have paid far less at other less expensive restaurants and eaten a decent steak where I didn't leave feeling swindled. My husband and I agree it was a horrible meal. If you like walking away unsatisfied and hungry after paying $250 for a steak dinner, than Burton and Doyle is the place to go. We will never go back or recommend this place to any of our family and friends. I am writing this review to spare people I don't know the misfortune of spending their hard earned cash on such waste.

• Visited August 2013