“Never Disappointed”

Union Prime Steak and Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Prime Steak and Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 110 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Sushi
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeville Rd
New York City, New York
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have been going to B&D for several years and have never had a bad experience. Have an annual Holiday get together with friends from out of town and we have never been disappointed....Whenever we go we make sure to ask for Raymond...he has been our server for years...and he is excellent. He treats us like family...taking care of all of our needs...The bar service is also excellent...

• Visited December 2012

Hewlett, New York
“Not the worst, but not the best”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We started by being asked if we wouldn't mind waiting 15-20 mins for our table- never a good sign. We said we would, I think 10 mins with a reservation is fair, 20 mins not so nice. We waited 15, not terrible. Very large rest, nice bar, nice layout of tables, not on top of each other. Waiter nothing special, I had the sirloin, tasty but not hot, veal chop was good, and petite filet was good. Bread basket weak, sides big enough for 4. Desserts not good. Ice cream is horrible and the brownie not worth a bite. Good for a large group, and good luck at the bar, bartenders go to their regulars first even if your their first.

• Visited November 2012
NYC
“Bad service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I tried this restaurant again. I was forced to go back by my friends. Nothing has changed the food is good but the staff are rude and arrogant.
if you want great steak and atmosphere go to Bryant and cooper or Peter Lugars.

they both are in the same vicinity.

• Visited September 2012
Great Neck, New York, United States
“They try hard.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Burton & Doyle is a very respectable steak house up the road from two other world class steak houses, Luger's & Morton's. Given this I do feel that they try their hardest to deliver what the others do. From my perspective, the fall sightly short but they don't miss by much.

Enjoy the very active bar scene and order a great steak. If you hit it off with someone at the bar or meet someone new, so much the better.

Visited July 2012
NYC
“Not the best, but quite good”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've known about the restaurant for years but never got around to dining there because we live in NYC. We finally decided to go for our anniversary this year for a change of atmosphere. Immediately, I liked the decor. It's a classic steakhouse with a nice ambiance. We had a lovely table overlooking the bar. Our waiter was super nice and attentive. I ordered a cosmopolitan and my boyfriend ordered a beer. We shared fresh mozzarella with tomatoes as an appetizer. It's not my usual choice at a steakhouse but I saw another couple sharing it and it looked delicious...it was. I ordered the filet mignon, medium. Next time, I would order it medium rare...it was just a bit too overcooked, but still good. My boyfriend ordered the porterhouse for 1, medium rare. It was perfect. We shared an order of mashed pototoes and onion rings. Both were good. I also ordered bernaise sauce. It came with 2 other sauces but I didn't try either one. Overall, it was not the BEST steakhouse I've ever been to but I would go back.

• Visited September 2012