“Classic Steakhouse”

Union Prime Steak and Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Prime Steak and Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeville Rd
NY, NY
“Classic Steakhouse”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is one of several well known steak restaurants near my house, but Burton & Doyle also offers a much wider choice of food, other than beef, including a vast array of fresh seafood. The service is very professional, the main room is spacious and seating is comfortable. They pour large drinks and the wine list is extensive.
I can walk to Peter Luger, Morton's or Burton & Doyle, but for my birthday, I chose Burton & Doyle and I was pleased with my choice. I have been to this trio many times (plus the late North Shore Steakhouse). Each restaurant has its own merits and quirks. This place can be enjoyed by a couple or a group.

• Visited August 2012

New York City, New York
“top five steakhouse in long island”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

great food,nice atmosphere,great to celebrate a special occasion.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank rht44
hekesq
“Overpriced average steakhouse”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

If this restaurant was in the same price catagory as, say, Outback, I would not be so negative. But $47 for a steak (no sides) puts it into a different catagory and compared to Mortons (just down the block) it is woefully lacking. Also, $14 for a single fried mozzarella patty with a slice of Tomato is absurd. About $180 for two people, no drinks, no dessert. Seems kinda steep for the quality. Go to Mortons, or Peter Lugars or one of the many good quality steakhouses in the area.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank hekesq
new york
“Been coming here a long time, won't be coming again”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have been coming on and off to this steakhouse for the past 12 years. I know they changed management a couple of years ago and have been there 5 times since the change with okay meals. There is a lot of competition for good steaks in this area and for the prices you would think B&D would step up their game. Unfortunately my experience there was awful. I went for an early dinner with my husband. We started with apps. The crab cake was excellent and the spider roll was so-so....didn't taste fresh. We ordered a porterhouse for 2 medium (wanted pink all the way through), hash brown potatoes (should've went for mash...they were okay) and creamed spinach (good). The steak came out overcooked....the filet side was well-done. The waiter said to us (as though we had never eaten in a steakhouse before), "you should have ordered it medium rare". Why would I do that? That's not what I wanted. For close to $100 for the steak...do it my way. The waiter brought our the medium rare steak which, you guessed it...was too raw. I felt like Goldilocks in the 3 bears with the porridge! At this point we began to eat it. It was really cool in the center and my husband asked them to put it under the broiler for a few minutes. We twiddled our thumbs as the side dishes cooled and out came a charred remnant of our porterhouse. Really? Our waiter at this point was snotty and curt. Excuse me...I am the customer paying for an expensive meal. It was your kitchen's error...don't blame us. Medium is pink throughout...funny how every other steakhouse in the area knows that. He took the steak off our bill..however the meal was ruined by the bad steak and his attitude. We won't be back...too many other places to choose from that appreciate the business. Shame.

• Visited June 2012
New York, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and Atmosphere were excellent”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Celebrated my fathers birthday here and had a wonderful experience. Steaks and food were delicious - everyone had a great time.

Visited February 2012