“OK hotel on very noisy night”
Review of The Andrew Hotel

The Andrew Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Great Neck
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Andrew is a simple pleasant hotel. Clean and comfortable. Nothing grand or luxurious. Staff was pleasant. There would be little to say if it had not been for the party in the restaurant on the first floor. It was unbelievably loud. One of our rooms was directly above the party and the noise was completely outrageous. The rooms directly above the restaurant should not be rented when there is a party. The kindly switched us to another room which was much better. However, whenever people stood outside the door of the restaurant to smoke or whatever they were doing, it was impossible to sleep. They were drunk, loud, and crude. I do not know if there is anything that the hotel can do about this, but I would certainly ask to be sure there was no party at the restaurant before I stayed in this hotel again. So, the party ended at 1am, and at 7am, the room directly next to ours on the 2nd floor was used as the continental breakfast room. The foot traffic wasn't bad but the television was blaring.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms right next to the continental breakfast room if the sound of the TV bothers you at 7...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andy j

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I feel for the Sandy survivors who found shelter here, but after my second stay visiting nearby family it's hard to endorse the place. The 4th floor room hadn't been well-cleaned (hairs on bathroom sink + tub, Cheerios on the floor) and after telling the housekeeper we received a chocolate bar as "Sorry for the inconvenience" but no cleaning that we could see. The rooms are used up and badly in need of renovation with chipping finish in bathroom and mismatched "home repair chain" flowered tiles.

The single, sclerotic elevator isn't up to the workload, so I advise walking if time is limited. And the central location IS convenient but on-street parking is a quicker option because of the small driveway and busy street.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd-numbered room in the top floors to avoid train and bus noise out front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tvlexperts
AndrewManager, General Manager at The Andrew Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay at the Andrew. I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I will be personally following up on your comments with my Management Team as well as the Housekeeping Department. Cleanliness and top notch service are two main goals that our team strives for. If your travels bring you back to the Great Neck area, please contact me directly, I will ensure a perfect stay

Catherine M. De Lucia, CHA

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed a the Andrew Hotel for three months after being evacuated from my co-op due to Hurricane Sandy. This "gem of a hotel" is conveniently located near the LIRR, restaurants and shopping in Great Neck, New York. The entire staff (valet, housekeeping and front desk services) were very friendly and welcoming. Everything from the complimentary breakfast to help with special requests (help moving in, supplying ice, procuring a microwave and letting my cat our of her cage once the room was cleaned) were provided efficiently and with a warm smile. The staff's extraordinary efforts served to create a safe haven for the many displaced individuals in the midst of all the chaotic aftermath. I would not hesitate to recommend the Andrew Hotel to any traveler looking for convenient lodgings in the area.

Thank goodness for the Andrew Hotel!

Lisa K.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Perfect location, train station across the street, Penn Station in 25 minutes, expressway and parkways are minutes away. Many good restaurants within walking distance and most deliver.
Rooms are ver nice and clean and the staff is EXCEPTIONAL.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Andrew Hotel twice now for work. One week in December 2012 and one week in January 2012. I had the government rate, so cannot really speak to value. The hotel is nice. It is very convenient for my work in Great Neck, and the location cannot be beat for getting into New York City for some evening fun (the LIRR station is right across the street). The rooms are okay, but could do with some updating especially in the bathrooms. The AC/Heater is a bit loud, but I have heard a lot worse. There are some excellent restaurants in downtown Great Neck, so it is a nice stroll in the evenings. I did not partake of the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank army_arch
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Me and my daughter got to the Hotel late during the night, we had help in the driveway right away.
Luggage was taken to the room while we were going to a Diner that was recommended by the guys at the front desk.
I will stay at the Andrew Hotel again with no issues asked.
Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had any hotel. I had to tell them multiple times that not only was it loud but I could feel the building shaking under my feet. The closer to the walls I was the worse the vibrations. I did my best to hope it would stop they told me the party was over at 1 am and it was a restaurant in the building and they could only ask them to turn the music down. I changed rooms to a floor above which was not so bad and almost silent. About a half hour later the shaking began again. I was not the only person to complain about this as I met a gentlemen in the lobby complaining about the EXACT same thing only he had children with him. I also on both floors heard children crying while in the hallways but not in my room(s). I basically live in hotels and travel most of my life. I don't normally stay in hotels this pricey and STILL this is the worst experience I have ever had. I actually as I am writing this am staying in this hotel and just got a domain to explain my experiences at this horrible hotel. Completely about the money and not about people. It is pathetic!

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 3 in Roslyn
Knickerbocker Yacht Hotel
Knickerbocker Yacht Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Washington

Been to The Andrew Hotel? Share your experiences!