“Perhaps the best restaurant on Long Island”
Review of Lola - Great Neck

Lola - Great Neck
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola - Great Neck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Maple Drive
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went with friends, not knowing what to expect. The special bread (Mallawach - a Yeminite bread?] that preceded dinner was delicate and fluffy. It happened to be Restaurant Week here, so we had an incredible dinner at a remarkable price, but would return for the full-price meal anyway. My beet and salmon tartar was tasty and my husband really enjoyed the ceasar salad. OUr friends had the fried cod taco and I assume they liked it; nothing was left. Presentation was perfection. Three of us ordered the duck dish. I had mine with perfectly seared foie gras. Those who had the bread pudding dessert loved it. My sundae was okay and my friend wasn't wild about her tapioca pudding, but it didn't matter. The servers were polite and efficient - not to rushed, not too slow. The chef came out to see how we were enjoying our meal, and we were. I definitely want to try their brunch. It was one of those rare meals in which indulging is definitely worth it.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I picked this restaurant for my mother-in-laws' birthday dinner. I picked it based on positive reviews. We sat in one of the circular booth and had a fantastic time. We chose the tasting menu with wine pairing and we were so happy with our decision. 5 course is more than enough food. We had to take our last course to go. The wait staff is friendly and helpful and just all around wonderful. Even the chef came out to say hello and that was very nice. I would love to come back with friends for a couple's night out, since the ambiance is so romantic.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend and I had a ladies out dinner at Lola. She lives 3 minutes away and suggested we go there. I loved it! We had dinner at about 8 which is late for me but I choose three side dishes/appetizers and had a glass of merlot. Everything was great! Flavorful. The brussell sprouts are to die for. I would go back just for that!! There was a singer entertaining that evening and he was wonderful as well. Overall, great food, nice atmosphere.. I'm ready to go back!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our first visit a year ago was not memorable...and I thought we'd never go back. Last week we went there with friends and it was possibly the best meal we've had in the past year. We started with miso cod lettuce wraps which were amazing and had a curry dish with seafood that was better than anything we've had in India. Restaurant also had a singer singing in the background that just made it even more specials

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Lola.... a chef who really understands what great cooking is all about. Beautifully prepared food, exquisite taste, each dish is a work of art. This restaurant will match anything in Manhattan.... The staff is helpful and understands each dish and always on hand to help with the menu. Music can be a little distracting but a highly recommended place for a really well prepared meal.