“Pizza is good”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Pizza is good”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We went there for lunch on a Saturday. Ordered pizza. It was pretty good. I was expecting NY style pizza based on all of the reviews... Let's just set this straight... it is NOT traditional NY style pizza. It has a thicker crust. That being said, it was very tasty. The waitress was very nice as was the gentleman who sat us.

While there, I browsed through the dinner menu and look at the specials board.... everything was SOOOO expensive. Chicken Rollatini... $18.95, Linguine with meatballs... $16.95... and many other very basic meals for twice what you would pay elsewhere. This is not a fancy restaurant... it is a small pizzeria with only a few tables... not worth the price.

Our slices and sodas came to about $9, reasonable... but we will definitely NOT be returning there for dinner.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jlazier

Surprise, Arizona
“Homey and delicious”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ma and Pa's is a homey little Italian restaurant. The menu is fairly standard, but they have a specials board that is indescribable! The board has about 20 items on it that are rarely seen in other Italian restaurants. If you want to know what something is, just ask the chef - she's standing in the kitchen which is part of the dining room. There are maybe 7-8 tables total. The food is quite good, and they do a booming take-out business. If you are in Granville, it really is the best place to eat.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank traveler1150
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Authentic food!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I enjoyed a wonderful lunch here; the food is traditional Italian made with wholesome, healthy ingredients like you would find in a high-end restaurant. The restaurant is in a renovated house, it's not fancy at all but the food is delicious. The choices are ample - from appetizers, soups, entrees, and dessert . . . I was expecting a pizzeria (fyi - heard that the pizza is good) but we had soups, appetizers, and desserts and we enjoyed it all.
I don't live in Granville and it's a bit of a drive there but I'm so excited about this place that the next time I dine out, I plan on it being at this restaurant but with my family so that they can experience the great food, too. If you want diner food, go elsewhere - if you want a food experience, eat here.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank apples0ranges
Newport, Oregon
“A Taste of Real New York Pizza”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

How could I be in New York and not try a slice of real New York style pizza? This was the place and I was not disappointed. I also sampled some home made soup yummm and the lemon cake I had for dessert was to die for! Thank you Ma & Pa's

Visited June 2012