Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
CenterWay Hotel(Tonawanda)
Budget Inn(Tonawanda)
View Hotel
Grand Suites Motel(Grand Island)
Economy Inn(Tonawanda)
View Hotel
Chateau Motor Lodge(Grand Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsriver viewindoor poolrenovated roomironing boardnew yorkwhirlpoolbuffaloupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at Byblos recently and had a great experience. The hotel was busy with a conference taking place at the time we were there but the customer service experience was absolutely great. The front desk staff were extremely polite, very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. The dining room staff were also very polite and so willing to help with special attention to not only our needs but we noticed they were kind to the other people dining who had little kids with them.
Our dinner on Saturday night and our breakfast on Sunday morning was excellent.
Upon check-out, the General Manager who happened to be there, came over to speak with us and explained the hotel was going through some changes and we really appreciated his taking the time to thank us for our visit.
Overall, we had a great experience and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor overlooking the river - great view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Three B
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is neither a resort nor a spa. We were told when we arrived that the "spa" has not yet been built..."next year". The hotel has sold memberships to its pool and gym to the general public, so the pool area was jam packed with kids from open to close. The hot tub and sauna were in the pool area, so both were unusable by adults. This would be a fine place for a family to spend a few days with their kids. This was not the kind of place you want to be when you make reservations at a "spa." On the positive side, the staff was pleasant and accommodating. They just could not make up for the poor atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tuscanphile
Scott S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Tuscanphile,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us here at Byblos Niagara. Please accept my apologies for the crowded conditions in our pool area. Although I do not have the date of your stay, it sounds like you may have been here in late February when there was a large hockey tournament in the area with many kids using the pool as hotel guests. We do have memberships for the pool but they do not usually account for the volume of swimmers you described. There are also many families that rent suites and bring multiple numbers of children for an inexpensive swim/birthday party, something that we do try and control at the time of booking. Between these 2 groups, it can definitely get a bit crowded. I do appreciate your comment on our staff and will be sure to pass along that positive feedback. If you are in our area again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for the best rate and recommendations for the quietest times to stay with us so you can more fully enjoy our pool and upcoming spa.
Cordially, Scott Swagler-GM

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our family for a hockey tournament. Or should I stay we were forced to stay here by the tournament organizers or our team would've been disqualified. The lobby was nice and inviting, but that was misleading for what was to come. The elevator was out so we had to carry out bags upstairs. The ice machine wasn't working. A light was broken in the hallway and there was glass everywhere. The rooms were mediocre at best. Decor was outdated and in major need of attention. The pool area was nice and spacious, but hot tub fit 3 people at best and the lifeguards were awful. The rules changes daily and the kids didn't know from day to day what they were allowed to do. They walked around in jeans and boots - not sure how you save a life that way. Save your money and sanity and stay someplace else.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank nnygirl

Dear NNYGIRL

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Byblos Niagara. I am very sorry that you were forced to stay here by your hockey tournament organizers, and not be closer to the Falls. I have noted your comments about the ice machines and have had repairs made to these 6 month old machines. As for the broken light fixture, our camera system shows a hockey stick being used to slash the lens, causing the broken glass you noted, but we cannot clearly tell what team may have been responsible. I have also directed our pool operations manager to address the attire of our lifeguard. I certainly couldn't agree with you more about that. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to host your team again after full renovations are completed.
Scott Swagler-GM

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a trip to Buffalo in September and the only thing good about the hotel was the amenities. First thing I noticed was how old the hotel was, then when I went to the bathroom to freshen up there was no hot water. I work in a hotel so I wasn't going to be rude about it, on my way out for the afternoon I stopped by the front desk and informed there there was no hot water, they promised to have it taken care of before I returned. I got back to the hotel after dinner around 6:00 and there was still no hot water. I change into my swim suit and go to the desk again, saying "I'm going to go for a swim and spend some time outside and in the sauna, there is still no hot water, could you please have it taken care of? I'll need a shower when I get back." I spent a few hours out of my room, giving them plenty of time, then went and had a glass of wine in the restaurant. About 9:00-9:30 I returned to my room, left the water running 20 mins, still cold. When I confronted the desk again, she told me no one had looked at it because there wasn't a problem, and it's an old hotel. She told me my room was located on the far west side of the hotel and it took a while for the hot water to reach there.

That is completely unacceptable in a hotel! Not only did they lie to me about having someone look at it, but then they blamed it on the location of my room??? When I mentioned I left the water running 20 mins and it was still cold she acted as though I was lying to her and said "Well I don't see how that is possible, there is nothing wrong with it"

Very very very poor customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kate P.

Thank you for your March 1 comments about your stay with us last September. Please accept my apologies for the problems you described with the hot water in the south wing. I cannot tell where you were exactly but would appreciate more information so I can insure that the problem is corrected. We installed 2 new boilers in the building last year and I was surprised to hear about the problem. I only wish you had spoken to me sooner so I could have assisted you more directly. If you can contact me, I will be sure to investigate further.
Scott Swagler_GM

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family stayed here for a hockey trip this weekend and this hotel is old and run down. I am sure it could be nice but for $125.00 a night it is not. They have no SPA here at all. Hot tub only fits 3 people and the rules change daily with the staff and the lifeguards wear jeans and boots...who are they helping out!!!!. Pool is very nice and big with a shallow spot for little kids. The staff was unhappy and I had to hear all about it during my breakfast from the hostess. They could not keep up and they were getting mad at us. I am sure this hotel was nice 20 years ago but not today!!!! The elevators only had 2 working and had to walk a very long way to the rooms due to this. They should close and renovate before it gets worse!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Frielch
Thank you for staying here at Byblos Niagara with your hockey team in mid February. I appreciate your comments and will certainly share them with our staff. I am sorry some of them were not as appreciative of your patronage. We recently took over the hotel and are in the process of renovating, part of which includes the installation of new elevators and updating of guest rooms. It will be a long process but should be much nicer when completed. If I can assist on any future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Scott Swagler-GM