“Outstanding Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Marion, New York
“Outstanding Food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Niagara Falls on the Monday before New Years Eve. We had seen it on Man vs. Food. We ordered the fried calamari and it was perfectly cooked. The sauces served with it were also very good. My husband ordered the Stuffed Hungarian Pepper 1/2 pound burger. We thought the burger had the stuffing from the pepper on it. It had a very large stuffed Hungarian pepper on it! The fries are fresh cut and it's served with enough field greens and tomatoes for a salad! The pickled onions were a great surprise! I ordered the Blue Heron burger. The onion jam was wonderful! It had onion straws on it and lots of blue cheese. It also came with field greens, tomatoes, and pickled onions. I used the malt vinegar that was offered for the fries and the "salad". The burgers are huge the so make sure your hungry when you go! I enjoyed the décor and ambiance. I wish I lived closer so I could go often! Overall I would highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Siobhan V
Riverstone G, Owner at Riverstone Grill, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback!! The calamari is a great choice. We cut and batter our own calamari fresh and it really makes a difference. Our burgers are very popular and are handmade containing strip loin, filet and brisket so the meat is very tender. We have actually won a few awards for the Blue Heron Burger most recently at The Taste of Buffalo which was very exciting. We are glad you made it here on your trip and hope you enjoy the New Year!

Dundas, Canada
“Pretty good place!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We too saw this place on Man VS Food. Nine of us traveled from Canada on a Friday to have dinner here. I had called and asked about reservations, they recommended we make them and even held " a window of time" open for us since we couldn't say for sure we could be there at 5pm given traffic and border crossing. My husband and two kids definitely wanted to order the Bone in the Stone. My husband and daughter split one and a couple of appetizers, the tuna nachos and scallops. My son had the meal to himself. A friend we brought had the pulled pork. I ordered the Chaz's Mac and Cheese and the other family that came with us had The Bone in the Stone, a Steak and one of the burgers. All in all everyone was quite happy with their meals. Our only complaint is that there is a lot of salt used on the fries. My husband's plate was ok. They were able to finish their fries, the others were very heavily salted. This was probably a mistake on our part, we should have remembered that in the States salt is used a lot and in Canada they generally leave the salting to the customer to do at the table. We would definitely go back, we would just ask for the fries not to be salted. My pasta was excellent. I did not finish it and took the rest home. The pulled pork was on the small side...but he did say it was tasty. Service was excellent! Pleasant and very attentive. Complaints about finding the place are crazy. Of course we had no idea where it was coming from Canada and we followed the directions and found it with no problem. Gravel parking lot....crazy if that bugs you...much better than mud! We were very sad they were out of the bacon appetizer ....guess we will have to go back and try it! All in all we were very happy. We would go again.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for your response we are glad you were able to find your way!!! Our apologies that we were out of the house bacon we are rarely out, but it is a process and takes awhile to make. First it is cured in Jim Beam and molasses then it is slow smoked for a long time! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your meals and think that it is wonderful that you were all able to make it as a large group it sounds like you had a good time. Happy New Year!
MayDay10
“Better Than Ever”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Riverstone Grill, under new ownership has really improved in quality, service, and the aesthetics (inside). I have enjoyed a few meals there and nothing has disappointed. The burgers are especially tasty and unique. It is a very good balance between, meat, toppers, bun, and condiment. The service is great. They also have a nice half-circle bar to sit at if you are waiting for a table or a to-go order. The bar includes a decent selection of craft beer for "snobs" like me.

The only negative I have experienced was one time the bar area got very crowded on a Friday afternoon and the acoustics in there arent the greatest, which created a very loud experience for a little while. Not major though...
Also, "The Bone in The Stone" is the major 'attraction', but ordering that is opportunity cost of the numerous better items available on the menu.

Highly recommended and worth the trip to Grand Island

1 Thank MayDay10
We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you had a good experience. Our burgers are a very popular item and there are a lot to choose from and even more on our lunch menu! It's good to hear people appreciate the craft beers on tap we think it is important to have a good variety and to have the option to get a good quality beer on draft!
Mississauga, Canada
“What a great find for steak!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I rarely, almost never, give a 5 out of 5 rating as I like to give the business something to work for. So a 4 out of 5 is pretty good in my books.

This was my first time visiting Riverstone Grill and it is all thanks to the TV show Man Vs Food. On the show the featured item was the “Bone In The Stone” which is a massive rib eye steak. MASSIVE for only 38$. It comes with optional topping of fried onions and blue cheese and it is all served on a bed of french fries and sweet potato fries. YUM!

The quality of the meat was excellent and they cooked it just how I like it, medium. I could only finish a third of the meal as it is a lot of food. In the picture I posted you can see the size of the meal when referencing the fork placed in front of the bone. There was so much food that the rest of the meal ended up feeding three people for dinner the following night. Well worth the 38$ in my opinion.

Even though the restaurant was in the middle of no where (most of Buffalo’s gems are) it wasn’t hard to find. It was clean inside and kind of had an old fashioned feel to it. The servers and wait staff were very nice and added to the overall experience.

The other meals ordered at my table were a burger and seafood skewers. They looked and tasted delicious.

Riverstone Grill will be added to my list of Buffalo restaurants to visit.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank cglof
Riverstone G, Owner at Riverstone Grill, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you had a positive dining experience with us. The Bone in the Stone is a whole lot of food, but has so much flavor due to the size and of course the bone! It is certainly worth the wait as it does take awhile to cook since it is so big. Hope to see you again!
Elkhart
“Don't Let the Outside Fool You!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Wanted to try the place after hearing so much about it from a co-worker as they had seen it on Man vs. Food. Outside looked pretty average, inside was well decorated and very clean. Asked about the Bone in the Stone rib-eye but decided to go a little lighter. The bacon appetizer was amazing with the brown sugar butter. The burger was fantastic and would be worth the drive back someday as I live about 500 miles away. Service was very good, friendly, polite and very accommodating. I will be back.

• Visited November 2013
We really appreciate your review and positive feedback. Our burgers are very popular and tender. They are hand made with black angus ground beef, ribeye, and strip loin. We take pride that our food is homemade and we are fortunate enough to have an excellent, friendly staff that work together for our customers overall dining experience. Hope to see you back again!