“What a great find for steak!”
Review of Riverstone Grill

Riverstone Grill
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Grand Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Mississauga, Canada
“What a great find for steak!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I rarely, almost never, give a 5 out of 5 rating as I like to give the business something to work for. So a 4 out of 5 is pretty good in my books.

This was my first time visiting Riverstone Grill and it is all thanks to the TV show Man Vs Food. On the show the featured item was the “Bone In The Stone” which is a massive rib eye steak. MASSIVE for only 38$. It comes with optional topping of fried onions and blue cheese and it is all served on a bed of french fries and sweet potato fries. YUM!

The quality of the meat was excellent and they cooked it just how I like it, medium. I could only finish a third of the meal as it is a lot of food. In the picture I posted you can see the size of the meal when referencing the fork placed in front of the bone. There was so much food that the rest of the meal ended up feeding three people for dinner the following night. Well worth the 38$ in my opinion.

Even though the restaurant was in the middle of no where (most of Buffalo’s gems are) it wasn’t hard to find. It was clean inside and kind of had an old fashioned feel to it. The servers and wait staff were very nice and added to the overall experience.

The other meals ordered at my table were a burger and seafood skewers. They looked and tasted delicious.

Riverstone Grill will be added to my list of Buffalo restaurants to visit.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank cglof
Riverstone G, Owner at Riverstone Grill, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you had a positive dining experience with us. The Bone in the Stone is a whole lot of food, but has so much flavor due to the size and of course the bone! It is certainly worth the wait as it does take awhile to cook since it is so big. Hope to see you again!

Elkhart
“Don't Let the Outside Fool You!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Wanted to try the place after hearing so much about it from a co-worker as they had seen it on Man vs. Food. Outside looked pretty average, inside was well decorated and very clean. Asked about the Bone in the Stone rib-eye but decided to go a little lighter. The bacon appetizer was amazing with the brown sugar butter. The burger was fantastic and would be worth the drive back someday as I live about 500 miles away. Service was very good, friendly, polite and very accommodating. I will be back.

• Visited November 2013
We really appreciate your review and positive feedback. Our burgers are very popular and tender. They are hand made with black angus ground beef, ribeye, and strip loin. We take pride that our food is homemade and we are fortunate enough to have an excellent, friendly staff that work together for our customers overall dining experience. Hope to see you back again!
“Great food. ”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and myself have been wanting to try this place and it's always packed. We made a reservation this time for there Local Restaurant Week specials and it was wonderful. I had the Braised Short ribs and my wife had Lobster Mac and cheese they both were very delicious. We will definitely be back again.

Riverstone G, Owner at Riverstone Grill, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
We are glad you made it in to dine with us. We always recommend reservations, especially on the weekends! Restaurant week is the perfect time to try out a new restaurant. Glad to hear you enjoyed everything, hope to see you soon!
Scottsville, New York
“Out of the Way Little Bar and Grill”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Visited the grill on a Monday afternoon for lunch. We were the only patrons there at noon which was surprising to us. Pleasant enough atmosphere for a local bar and grill. While it's a nice little grill, it doesn't live up to the Man vs. Food hype. The television show gave me the expectation of an upscale steakhouse like Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa, Florida. I was surprised to find it to be a simple, out of the way bar and grill (somewhere above a Greek diner but beneath a steakhouse). Great for the locals. If I was a local, I'd go there often but I wouldn't make a special trip (as I had done so). Prices were reasonable.

Here's my five positives:
1.) The food was excellent (I could taste the grill on my burger - that's a good thing).
2.) Nice little bar area, perfect for locals to chill on a Friday night. Looked like a nice wine cellar.
3.) Establishment was very clean inside.
4.) Waitress was friendly and service was prompt.
5.) Menu had a variety of foods for the manly and feminine appetites

Here's my five negatives:
1.) Totally doesn't live up to the Man vs. Food hype.
2.) Not the most scenic location (I drove through a sub-development to get there.)
3.) The sound system had problems - music would come and go where we sat.
4.) Outside appearance was a little shabby (Biker shack-like) with gravel parking lot.
5.) Too out of the way for a special trip.

Seriously, the chef/owner obviously knows bar and grill food. If I were him, I'd sell the building and move to a more traffic'd area like Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, Near the Buffalo Bills, or move to Rochester. This type of bar would take off extremely well at another location.

• Visited October 2013
Riverstone G, Owner at Riverstone Grill, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your food. We take pride in all of our food being homemade and made fresh to order. Our burgers are made with ground beef, strip loin, and black angus ribeye, so they are very tender and flavorful. We have only been open for almost a year in November and plan on paving the parking lot in the future; however, it will obviously be a very expensive job and will take some time. We recently put in the patio out front to start fixing up the place and to build its equity. We are glad you enjoyed your meals and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.
Grand Island, NY
“amazing appetizer”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Best appetizer in town! The Ahi tuna nachos are incredible! Very hard to decide what to order as everything on the menu sounds and looks delicious, and then they add in their daily specials! Had the baked potatoe soup - it was amazing, two orders of the nachos for the four of us, we couldn't get enough!!! Everyone took home leftovers, as the servings are very generous. The owner came to our table and sat down for quite a while talking to us - very nice hometown touch. Cannot wait to go back!

• Visited September 2013
It was nice meeting you glad you enjoyed the ahi tuna nachos. They have become our most popular appetizer and we have featured them at both The Wines in the Wild, and The Taste of Buffalo. They have even gained popularity and have been showing up on other menus in the area. Unique, Healthy and Delicious! Thanks for the feedback, hope to see you soon!