“Unique dining experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dick and Jenny's

Dick and Jenny's
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Grand Island
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Hand crafted food with Louisiana flair.
Grand Island, New York
“Unique dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant is by far my favorite on grand island!!! It is Definitely the local's favorite. The food is New Orleans cuisine and everything I've had there has been delicious. They also serve breakfast and lunch. The atmosphere has a great vibe. The dress code is casual. If you want to try a unique yet homey restaurant... This is the place! Love it!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mariacristina B

Grand Island, NY
“Great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Cozy & warm atmosphere in a historic building! Met two friends for dinner and loved my fried chicken dinner, which was a generous helping and I brought half home with me. One friend had a different chicken dinner, which is her favorite and she orders every time and this time it did not dissapoint. The other friend ordered a steak and pasta dish, the steak was enormous and could have fed two people easily. The portions were large, but salad or soup does not come with the meal. However, a small basket of fresh baked breads were delivered to the table and they were incredible!!! I was a bit disappointed because the breaded catfish strip appetizer was no longer on the menu, and that was my favorite selection! Prices are a bit high, considering that soup & salad is not included, but I believe this is a reflection of the high quality of incredients that are used and the generous portions. We ordered three dinners, one glass of wine, one cocktail and one water, no appetizers and no desserts, and the price came to over $82.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Susan F
Niagara Falls, NY
“A gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We made reservations and when we pulled in the lot at 5:50 PM we thought, "Oh, no, No one here. Maybe this is a mistake". How wrong we were! It was good that we made reservations because the place filled up quickly. It was a great experience from the moment we walked in the door. The young male greeter was so friendly and nice. He must have recognized that we wouldn't want to be near the noisy part of the restuarant so he sat us on the outer part of the restuarant. It was quiet and perfect. The bar area was hopping by 7 PM. The crowd was varied and it seems a lot of Island resturants are regulars (they know what they've got). We were informed that the restaurant has bakers on staff and it was evident. The three pre-dinner breads brought to the table were all equally as yummy. We had arancini appetizer. Perfect. I regret I didn't order spaghetti because the sauce was so good (next time). Hubby had Southern Fried Chicken and he enjoyed eveyr bite. I had a beef burgundy stew. Perfect! Not too strong, tender vegetables and meat. I sopped it all up to the last bit. We were full and weren't going to have dessert but our server, Kim, told us that the brownie sundae on the menu was not just any old brownie sundae. How right she was! The ganache and homemade cream were fabulous! I can't say enough about this place. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank indigodawn
Grand Island, New York
“yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great new orleans entrees. Love the eggs bennedict especially because you can order 1/2. Oysters are fresh and tasty. If you are in the area I would recommend breakfast, lunch and dinner!

• Visited August 2013
Cambridge, ON
“Simply the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We dined here last night for the first time based upon a very strong recommendation from a family member. I arrived with high expectations to taste some fresh, authentic southern cuisine, and my lofty expectations were far surpassed.

We received a very warm greeting from Jenny herself when they opened the front doors at 5pm, and were promptly seated in a cozy table for two. We received fantastic service from the time we arrived until the moment we left, with 4 different people delivering food, checking on our drinks and food, and topping up our water. Our server was Sal, and he made our first visit a very memorable one.

The food was exquisite. We decided to try a bit of everything by ordering the sampler menu available on the reverse side of the daily specials. I highly recommend this approach for first time dinner visitors since it allows you to try and share a bit of everything. Everything we tasted was top notch from the fresh baked basket of assorted breads we received at the outset, right through to the entrees we finished with. For the three courses we tried the crab cakes and soup duo, then the PEI mussels and pulled pork quesadilla, and finished with the blackened opa and beef burgundy. Everything was fresh, tasty, and simply divine.

To fellow Ontarians making the trip to Military Road for the outlet shopping, I strongly suggest you skip the chain restaurants in the area and make the 15 minute drive to Dick & Jenny's on Grand Island to taste some of the best food around.

• Visited November 2013