“Great traditional NY style Dinner food”
Review of Goshen Plaza Diner

Goshen Plaza Diner
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Goshen
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My cousin and I had a family meeting there. We ordered a typical diner breakfast, short-stacks and omelet. Both were very tasty and were perfectly portioned. The service was good, but the waitress could have come by a little more frequently. The prices were reasonable and on-par with other restaurants in the area. We were there for 2.5 hours and no one said a thing until we went to pay where the hostess joked with us about charging us rent. It was all in jest. The diner is conveniently located in Goshen on Rt 207 and directly off Rt 17. There is plenty of parking and is located next to a old shopping center with other restaurants and a drug store.

1  Thank jcanale72

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Been here several times, Food is good. Very busy diner, always a crowd dining even at midnight. Food is served fast and hot, Service is great and wait staff is friendly. Regulars have their seats at the counter, so the place has a following, Cream of turkey soup is the best I have ever had, we drive 15 miles out of our way to come here for it. Great local spot.

1  Thank NYMertzy
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This WAS a good diner. No longer. Upon entry the cashier was too busy talking on the phone to greet us. When the host was through writing specials on the board, she seated us. My waitress was abrupt, the busboy sighed when asked something, the food tasted tired and cool. Price was ok.......the waitress was annoyed when I asked for another cup of coffee. What has happened to a once good place. I suspect the ownership is older and tired. PASS on this one. The entire place doesn't look like any upgrade has been done in maybe 20 years. Many regulars were customers, I guess this is the only place that they have to go to.

2  Thank Newburgh_NYJohn
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We dined there Saturday night looking forward to a great meal as we had heard that the food was good at this diner. It turned out that our entree was a huge disappointment. We ordered shishkebob which came out tough and tasteless. I could hardly chew the beef - probably the worse I've ever been served at a restaurant. We should have sent both our entrees back to the kitchen and insisted on a redo, but by that time it was too late to wait for a new entre. We ended up bringing home 90 percent of the meal in a take-out container. We ordered two Greek salads which were delicious, one side, two cokes, and two dinners . . to the tune of $63. At a diner ! ! We had heard that this place was the place to eat for visitors and travelers, but we left very, very disappointed. Never go back again - the place is a bit overpriced - in my opinion.

1  Thank LizaDallas
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I was greeted by a woman throwing a baseball cap and yelling at someone. She then smiled and escorted me to a table. My server was very pleasant and provided good friendly diner service. Efficient,knowledgeable and kind. But the two women at the cashier/ hostess stand just drag the atmosphere to the gutter.

3  Thank johnyourtripmyhome