“Usually good, but today Disappointing!!”

Catherine's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Goshen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

What can I say...Catherine's has been my go to spot for years and never a disappointment. Until today, on Valentine's Day. Wasn't busy during the early lunch hour so that can't be an excuse. Food wasn't correct and the Morgan's chicken salad was so bland I couldn't believe it! While sitting and waiting we were able to watch customers around us get more attentive service and it was a disappointment. Even more disappointing was the lack of genuine concern when it was brought to the attention of the hostess who is apparently the chef's wife. Like I said, always great until today and completely disappointed with how the complaint was handled, especially on Valentine's Day. I gave 2 stars instead of one because at least my husband's meal was good. We'll stick with Limoncello's where the service and host go above and beyond every time.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Catherine's is a real favorite of mine. The chicken risotto dish and warm goat cheese salad are the best and consistently delicious. The portions are large, the atmosphere is great. They have a more formal dining room upstairs, and a friendly bar area downstairs along with an extra dining area that is more relaxed and casual than the upstairs. I love the warm fresh bread selection they serve when you sit down. Be sure to check their hours before you go. Also...reservations are usually needed on Friday or Saturday nights. This is a special place, and has remained a favorite of mine for several years now.

1  Thank Lina879
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really enjoy everything I have here. Never had a bad meal. Have done many events here as well as used them for catering. Always very well done and delicious. Best Short Ribs I've ever had!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We come to this restaurant every time we are in the area, which is four times a year! The food is delicious, the atmosphere is warm and cozy and the wait staff is very friendly.The portions are a nice size, so sometimes we split a meal and get two different appetizers! The Catherine salad is a must have!! Everything is homemade, so if something takes a little long, it's worth the wait!

Downstairs there is a Great Bar, with a "pub menu", you can get anything thing from a Burger to a Pasta dish down there!

Jennifer & Steve Serkes are the owners of this lovely restaurant..So if you're in the area, stop in... you won't be disappointed! Tell them a lady from Virginia recommended their restaurant to you!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

did not care for service or the food. trying hard to be fancy but failing. plenty of better places to go locally for the money spent.

1  Thank Sal P