Review Highlights
Great place for kids and adults

Reviewed yesterday
kepeko
Newburgh, New York
Worth the drive

Reviewed August 13, 2018
NewburyportJessica
Boston, Massachusetts

All reviews safari ride feed the animals petting zoo bird house great animal close encounter bring quarters pack a lunch nice zoo fun afternoon picnic area admission price gift shop fun experience western town three hours fulton county
Reviewed yesterday

I took my Grandson to see the animals. I have been going here for many years. I have always found it to be nice and clean. The animals are great and look like they are very well taken care of

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Let me start by saying that I enjoy going to zoos both with my family and on my own and have visited many in the US and oversees. I remember a time when it was thought that keeping animals in empty cages on concrete slabs was considered acceptable. Thankfully, most zoos have moved on from those times to prioritize the health and welfare of their animals. Adirondack Animal Land has not, making it a sad relic and a money grab with little care for the animals. For example the monkeys and lemurs are still in cages on concrete with little to no interaction. They are clearly showing signs of stress and abnormal behavior. The Giraffes are kept in a small packed dirt pen. The wolves pace back and force in a tiny enclosure and also show signs of stress. We left feeling terrible for the animals and will never return.

1  Thank WilliamE5183GH
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Pleasantly surprised. Clean, cute and enjoyable. Short drive from Saratoga and worth every minute. My girls loved it (1 & 5), and so did we!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Where else can you go on a safari? You get to ride in an open trailer, with a tour guide / narrator who points out all the animals and gives a little bit of information about them. Camels, ostriches, emus, zebras. It was pretty funny when the camels chased us to get some food from the tour guide.

They have a good amount of other animals in the more traditional Zoo setting. This was totally worth the trip.

If you go, be sure to bring cash, because they don't take credit cards for admission or for the gift shop.

1  Thank Robin L
Reviewed August 7, 2018

A few months after picking up a brochure, we decided to take some of our grandchildren to visit the animal land. It was about a 4 1/2 hour trip, so the adventure was 1 1/2 days. I agree with the other reviews that it is a well kept and pleasant place to visit. Disappointed in the safari ride. That was the one thing that enticed us to go. It was so short (10 Minutes). It would have been nice if the driver would have driven slower and even stopped so we could have had a longer view of the animals. The girl on the back trying to tell us about the animals had to talk so fast, it was hard to keep up with her. They only did one trip per hour. It would have been so much better if it had been slowed down and we could have experienced a longer trip. And our ticket only allowed us to ride the safari one time. We had just driven a long way and the safari was to have been the highlit of the trip.

2  Thank Janis T
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a visit while vacationing in the area. First impression pulling in was that the zoo was going to be a roadside tourist trap. Admission price was very reasonable given the experience. They are cash only but they do have an ATM on site.
The exhibits were all very clean and the animals all appeared to be well taken care of. The grounds were all very well kept and clean. Some of the decor could use some updating.
The safari ride was a bit tight but an awesome experience none the less. The guide, Dave, was very informative and did an excellent job. It’s a great opportunity to get up close and personal with some amazing animals.
If you’re close by this is one spot you really should make an effort to go check out. For a family owned and operated zoo this is definitely one of the better ones around.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

First, this isn’t a fancy place. But the animals are well cared for and I have been here several times with many different people and everyone has always had a good time. Many different animals, many of whom you can feed. Bring quarters or allow an extra couple dollars to get cups of feed or carrots. DO NOT attempt to bring your own. They reserve the right to check bags.

Don’t miss the safari ride. It is a little hokey, but great fun, especially for young children. You get up close to camels, ostriches etc... I mean CLOSE

A recent addition is the aviary. Lots of small, colorful birds and for $2 you can get a seed stick and they will land on it. Worth the couple bucks to see the kids faces.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Animals are housed in clean well maintained facilities. Very divers collection of animals; bird house was very entertaining.

Two negatives -

They accept cash only, no credit/debit cards (no notice on their website) although they do have an ATM on site.

Wolves are in an area which appears to be too small; all other animals have areas which appeared to be plenty adequate for them.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We fully enjoyed our visit this week. We were expecting a small little park like the ones we have back in SC. What we found was many great animals in nice enclosures. Many animals are so close you can touch them or at least get a really good look at them. Many animals I have never seen in the Atlanta or Riverbanks zoo. You can actually touch a giraffe, which you can't do in the zoos down south. It was worth the $$$. I highly recommend it. (Added plus is to bring your own lunch and enjoy it in one of the many picnic areas)

2  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed April 18, 2018

This place is wonderful for small kids. We have come there several times. When our kids are on the younger side they can't get enough of feeding the giraffe. The Safari ride is a must; it's not very long but it's always a laugh (enjoyable as an adult). The deer that you can feed are great, too. It's no the Bronx Zoo, but they have a wide variety of animals. We've been there three times over the last several years, and will assuredly be there again, as our littlest turns 4 this year.

1  Thank Robert D