“Updated and nice”

Cuisines: Cafe
Ballston Lake, New York
“Updated and nice”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A recently updated spot with great breakfasts. Friendly staff and a nice country atmosphere. A bit overpriced, but still reasonable. It wasn't crowded, leading to a real nice chance to converse with friends.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Glenn C

Clifton Park NY
“The place for great coffee”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

One step in the door and you feel like you are inside a rustic, Adirondack camp. Our recent visit there was enjoyable. This is a small, local, family business that is worth supporting.

They roast their own coffee in house in small batches so you are assured a fantastic cup of hot or cold coffee. Nothing compares to handcrafted coffee. Great espresso drinks and whole-leaf teas too. For summer, they recently started serving fresh fruit smoothies. Perfect assortment of beverages in the cooler as well.

Great cafe food that is made fresh and fast at reasonable prices. Place your order and they will call you when it's ready for pick up at the end of the beautiful solid wood coffee bar. The Creekside breakfast sandwich was a hit. They also have a Ruben Breakfast sandwich, or the Mediterranean which is made with egg whites. For lunch, they offer generously stacked deli sandwiches, with chips and a pickle, a couple different panini sandwiches, soups, salads, and daily specials. Don't leave without taking a homemade scone or their delicious banana bread...both of which are made from scratch. Can't go wrong with a cookie either!

Staff is always friendly. They great everyone with a smile and say thank you for stopping in when you leave. Just a great comfortable place to eat and grab some coffee with friends or family.

Free WiFi, lots of windows, booths, newspapers to read, games for the kids, and a TV placed quietly in the corner. In talking with the owners, come to find out the building has lots of local history. Be sure to ask them about it!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank jyoung3381
Adirondacks, New York
“Hit the spot today! Best Roasted Coffee & Sandwich..yum”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I love this new place on Route 50 in Burnt Hills! I've been in a few times, but today, I loved my Ruben Egg Sandwich. i would have never put this together for myself at home, so it was a treat and I'm not sure I could duplicate it. It was suggested at the register and loved every bit of it. I got a seat at a booth built for 2, read the newspaper, checked my messages (yes, free WiFi), drank a delicious cup of their iced coffee...which come to find out, they roast right there..and was on my way back up north to Saratoga.

My only regret is that I left without grabbing a pound of coffee and a scone! I guess I'll have to go back.

• Visited July 2013