“Christmas Work Do”

ASK Italian - Staines
Ranked #21 of 86 Restaurants in Staines
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Great Italian food served in smart, contemporary surroundings will be found at the ASK Italian restaurant in the centre of Staines. Step inside this well loved eatery and you'll find a cool interior with smart dark furnishings and well presented tables. There is a lovely al fresco area for dining in the warmer weather and service is always friendly and professional. As for the menu, tasty Italian classics such as spaghetti carbonara with smoked pancetta, pecorino, grana padano, garlic and parsley or penne paesana with green pesto, marinated chicken, sautéed mushrooms and pine nuts are always crowd pleasers. Staines has its very own corner of Italy in the excellent ASK Italian restaurant.
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Christmas Work Do”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

seated quickly (but right by the loo's)
length of time to wait for order to be taken - 35 mins
noise levels high even though restaurant half full
table sticky
water glasses placed on table with water drops inside ie not dry
plates handed over the table to you to put down not placed down in front of you
lots of fingerprints on the plate rim
calamari starter greasy and chewy
prawn noodle main course over cooked with greasy pancetta slices laid on top
cheesecake desert bland
would not recommend or return

Hounslow, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't bother”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

After trying ask in Twickenham we thought Staines would be a safe bet. Wrong. Same dishes ordered as I had had in Twickenham, yet very dry, bland, sparsely covered pizza turned up at the table. Awful starter and the slowest service in the world. The staff were very friendly, about the only thing it had going for it.

Wraysbury, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We used our tesco rewards here, the food was fab as were the staff, we had a great family time and only had to pay for drinks and tips as they are happy to accept the. tesco vouchers.

Staines, United Kingdom
“Not bad, but not much more”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I visited Ask with my girlfriend after a long shopping trip in an attempt to recuperate, but didn't quite get what I was expecting. The service was alright, and we had a very friendly waitress but they desperately needed an extra member of staff on the floor so that the staff could focus on serving rather than running back and forth to the kitchen and dodging round tables at breakneck speed. Not the end of the world, but equally not the greatest start to what I was hoping might be a relaxing evening.

We shared the olive bread to start, which was pretty small for the price but was reasonably tasty. My girlfriend went for a linguine which was honestly pretty boring - I tried some as well, but didn't taste much different to what you can make at home. My pizza was supposed to be incredibly spicy, but seemed to have three chillies at one end, and none on the rest of the pizza. And they weren't very spicy anyway. By the time we got to dessert, I decided not to bother.

My main gripe, however, is the layout and decor since the "green" revamp. The chairs were unbelievably uncomfortable, no cushions or any fabric of any kind, just a rock solid lump of plastic. And whilst I've no problem with family-friendly restaurants, it felt a bit like a creche in there, with pieces of paper and crayons flying about, and kids running about endlessly. Not necessarily much the staff could have done about it, but I really wouldn't recommend for a pleasant, relaxing evening out... which was what I was looking for on this occasion.

• Visited November 2013
England
“Just gets worse”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been to Ask quite a few times over the past few years. I previously had thought it was decent food at a reasonable price. However they really have lost their Mojo.
The last few visits the food has been terrible, bland Carbonara, burnt garlic bread and most recently, salad so swimming in dressing you couldn't taste anything else. The service was slow probably caused by the large table, 30+ stuck in the middle of the restaurant among the regular diners who spent their time shouting and screeching. A most unpleasant experience, will I return? No, I really am done with Ask.

Visited November 2013