“"Bring me to quiet rest"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Boleyn Hotel

The Boleyn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Miranda do Corvo, Portugal
“"Bring me to quiet rest"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Yes I know the full quote and she would have been happy with just a good nights sleep! Hotels in and around London, and even peoples perceptions of them are variable at the best of times and it was with trepidation that we booked the Anne Boleyn.
This is an historic area, listed buildings galore including the lovely row of terraced houses overlooking the river opposite the hotel, convenient for this side of London and not a rip off!! There I said it!
This hotel has obviously picked itself up, dusted itself down and started all over again. The exec room I had was great - overlooking the road might have been a disadvantage but this is a quiet road leading mostly to nowhere. Well appointed, modern and clean.
If I'm being picky the bed was too hard for me - but again it's personal preference.The hotel was quiet so breakfast was a civilised affair, well cooked but probably needs a bit more thinking through when busy.
We didnt eat dinner here as one of us is not partial to Indian cuisine - see my review of the The Swan opposite.
Pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Marigny-le-Cahouet
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Anne Boleyn and really enjoyed it. The Saffron Restaurant attached to the hotel is well worth trying for a great curry! I asked to be upgraded to an executive room (which I paid for) and it was worth it. The big beds, lovely bathroom and space made it worthwhile. Friendly staff,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Dont quite know what the previous reviewer is talking about its utter nonsense and could be very damaging to an unusual hotel
I stayed in room 219 on Sunday absolute value for money one of the best bathrooms l have come across had a lot worse in 5 star central London hotels a huge walk in shower which suits my size comfortable bed and quiet air con changed to room 212 for Monday night a huge suite 2 tv,s bathroom not as big as 219 and I missed the walk in shower a real toss up between the two rooms I think I will go for 219 on next visit not a fan of Indian food but no faults on Sunday ,was joined by 2 work associates on Monday night there rooms also no problem,we ate at swan pub over the road good English food let us use dinning area for 4 hour meeting.a great little hotel don't judge a book by its cover !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

!!TERRIBLE NIGHT NEVER AGAIN!!!!! wish I would have listened to other reviews b4 booking!! I booked to stay at the Ann Boleyn hotel for a mid week 1 night get away for me and my partner. I had seen a deal on a website and called the hotel for some info and I was told they will offer me the deal direct. I paid £129 for a 3 course dinner and 1 night in a Executive suite which I had to pay a £10 add on for (£139 total) we arrived At a building that looked like an old run down pub. We checked in at a very snazzy looking reception to then be lead up 2 sets of CROOKED stairs to the so called Executive suite!! The room was very small and basic! Nothing Executive about it to be honest. We went down for dinner which is where things went from bad to worse. The 3 course dinner is a set menu that if was purchased separately from the room would have been cheaper but the food was the biggest let down! It was Indian cuisine but whoever was in the kitchen really DID NOT HAVE A CLUE! I had to send 3 dishes back due to them being inedible! I was left out of pocket and had to travel to the local drive through mc Donald’s so I didn’t go to bed starving. We then thought it could not get any worse....our room was surrounded by the air conditioning units on the roof, which meant no sleep due to the constant grinding of the 20 odd machines. It didn’t stop there our air con stopped working in the night and we woke up to a bed covered (literally) in sweat where the top room had doubled as a sauna! after hardly no sleep all we wanted to do was get out of there I asked for breakfast to be brought to our room and was told that’s fine....for a £3.99 charge and was told if I run over into the next hour at all I will be charged a £10 over stay fee when I didn’t ask. At check out when the receptionist asked if I had had a good night’s sleep I explained I didn’t due to the air con and the heat in the room! she must of been hard of hearing or just rude as the response was "ok, that’s good" !!??? for me to sum up this hotel I would say it needs a lot of work to turn this dump around! I would not pay £50 for the night I had their let alone £152.99 that somehow they helped me rack up! it is a waste of money and time! when you look around it all looks half done! in all rooms apart from reception! I would love for someone from the hotel to contact myself and ask how my stay was again but this time actually listen to my response rather than making me feel like cattle in the meat market hotel. DONT STAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT DEAL YOU GET!! YOU WILL FEEL LET DOWN!! THE SAYING HERE IS IF IT LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS!! and for the hotel some tips, get a alcohol licence for the hotel not just the restaurant so guest who want a glass of wine after 11pm can and surface cleaning is not good enough and a lick of paint can’t hide all the sins that hotel has.

Room Tip: "dont stay here" is the best tip i can give you
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Staines hotels

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

The welcome here is with a smile. The rooms are ok if you have a standard room then for people who are working or just need somewhere to sleep then fine but a little extra does get you a new updated room which is larger and fitted to a high standard. Secure parking is a bonus as is the free wifi.

Just step outside of the hotel and next door is the Swan Hotel. The food and beer in there is top rate and with river views is just very nice which is why I can not tell you what the food is like in the Anne Boleyn as just for the views the Swan looks a nicer place to eat.

All in all. Good service, good price, nice rooms best of all I feel safe here and it's very clean.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank garyinyork
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed at the Ann Boleyn for one night. It is nicely located not far from the Thames - ideal if you want to go for a walk or for a run in the morning. The building is attractive. The rooms have been refurbished recently. Mine was big and clean - I enjoyed the table and chair. Good bed. Nothing bad to report and it is priced at a reasonable price - £125.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for 1 night and I have to say, we had an amazing time! When we arrived we were welcomed by the receptionist who had a great smile on her face and was extremely polite and helpful. Our room was excellent! We stayed in 219 which was the hotels Honeymoon suite! Lovely bathroom and it even had a 4-poster bed. Breakfast was delicious with a variety of options to choose from. I would love to stay again at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to my friends and family for the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#3 of 5 in Staines
Savill Court Hotel & Spa

Been to The Boleyn Hotel? Share your experiences!